BBM Beta (BlackBerryMessenger) after Phone 8.1 Update 1 Notes. Yes it Works.

ODwyerPW

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Folks,
After Phone 8.1 Update 1 (Developer Preview) the BBM Beta App is unuseable... constantly quits.

No big deal. Simply uninstall it.... reboot the phone (don't know if that's necessary but I'm an old dude)... and reinstall BBM Beta. Works pretty good.

Takes a bit to look at all of your contacts if you choose that option to Invite Contracts... just be patient ( a virtue that is non-existent amongst Smart phone users) and it will find lots of folks for you to suggest.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Folks,
After Phone 8.1 Update 1 (Developer Preview) the BBM Beta App is unuseable... constantly quits.

No big deal. Simply uninstall it.... reboot the phone (don't know if that's necessary but I'm an old dude)... and reinstall BBM Beta. Works pretty good.

Takes a bit to look at all of your contacts if you choose that option to Invite Contracts... just be patient ( a virtue that is non-existent amongst Smart phone users) and it will find lots of folks for you to suggest.

Only issue I've had really is it forgets I'm actually logged in... shows my name at the top with picture, but no contacts or chats. Tapping that just bombs me to the homescreen. Did it before GDR so I'm not too fussed, it's just a bit of a niggle. Might try your idea as well..

kg4icg

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
As a matter of fact, today's 8.1 update solved some lag issues with BBM. Working great on my Samsung Ativ S neo

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
well the private beta got an update today ain't test it out fully but it is running ... faster ...
seems chats contacts and stuff are loading faster now

the reason why it bombs is because it did not connect to blackberry servers as yet so your chats and contacts will not load u until it has connected and did its background checks and updates ... that's why when you tap your name it bombs no data to load so it crashes ... they should really fix that

My solution is BBM is always loaded in memory aka running all the time partially or fully.

rain620

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
my messages not sending since updating:cry:
I have this problem too. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, tried on both open and private beta, but still I'm unable to deliver my messages. They're stuck on the check mark and were never delivered to my friends' BBM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786