Windows 10 concept! What do you wanna see?

Avik Biswas

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 9 concept! What do you wanna see?

did the transparent effect on the window that has no focus
the focused window has the drop shadow i made it a bit strong
my take on windows UI flat but kinda unfinished the office look always looked good too me may add a dash of colour
the accent colour here is blue btw

View attachment 81567

Nice design, When i first saw i thought it was MS Office! I can see some rough edges. i like the transparent effect on the inactive window.

Avik Biswas

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

I have been modifying my design, here is a peek.

windows concept desktop.jpg

Cortana is now in a same row with virtual desktop, notification icon.
also a new beautiful wallpaper. and a new group folder, as windows phone have.
I would love to organize and group my folders, apps, also desktop apps. As you can see it support static desktop apps, while also support modern apps.
and user can click on those icon, also move all of them by dragging the group folder. This is a neat way to organize mess.

i have few more updates ready. So what do you like! any suggestions!

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

I have been modifying my design, here is a peek.

View attachment 81674

Cortana is now in a same row with virtual desktop, notification icon.
also a new beautiful wallpaper. and a new group folder, as windows phone have.
I would love to organize and group my folders, apps, also desktop apps. As you can see it support static desktop apps, while also support modern apps.
and user can click on those icon, also move all of them by dragging the group folder. This is a neat way to organize mess.

i have few more updates ready. So what do you like! any suggestions!

love the wallpaper ..
cortana should not have a counter on her
like seriously can i have the wallpaper
overall i like it no a fan of the transparent widgets though .. i prefer the clean desktop.
well done

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

Nice design, When i first saw i thought it was MS Office! I can see some rough edges. i like the transparent effect on the inactive window.

i think office has a great window design wanan build from this but i need the right icons to make it be there might integrate cortana into the explorer window so when your in a window cortana can move ..from the taskbar.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

desktop 2.2f.png

so i added a bit more colour to the explorer window which changes based on accent colour choose or wallpaper if you set windows that way.
i added cortana next to the address bar
so when ever you open and explorer windows you would realize that her icon moves to the active window if it supports here.
so one can tap and do voice searches or say a hot word like "hey cortana" ...

Avik Biswas

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

One think i dislike about your design is the (title+address+menu) bar, it takes way too much space. And that cortana icon....... well it's ugly, change it with microphone or something.

btw, is there any special reason to add cortana in the explorer!, i mean we can do the same in taskbar.

so when ever you open and explorer windows you would realize that her icon moves to the active window if it supports here.
so one can tap and do voice searches or say a hot word like "hey cortana" ...

It would be a nice feature for tablet version of windows, but for desktop, i highly doubt anyone would use cortana more than just showing off the mac users :devil:

Few suggestions:

make the side bar icon and text bigger for touch.
Don't leave the zoom bar in explorer open like that, simply show how much is zoomed, and if user click on it, the can zoom in or out
Desktop icon is......really ugly
The back and forward button is not perfectly aligned.

It needs more polish, but good job. :)

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site

One think i dislike about your design is the (title+address+menu) bar, it takes way too much space. And that cortana icon....... well it's ugly, change it with microphone or something.

btw, is there any special reason to add cortana in the explorer!, i mean we can do the same in taskbar.

It would be a nice feature for tablet version of windows, but for desktop, i highly doubt anyone would use cortana more than just showing off the mac users :devil:

Few suggestions:

make the side bar icon and text bigger for touch.
Don't leave the zoom bar in explorer open like that, simply show how much is zoomed, and if user click on it, the can zoom in or out
Desktop icon is......really ugly
The back and forward button is not perfectly aligned.

It needs more polish, but good job. :)

kool
i aligned the icons that ways cuz i liked it else i would have both same size

reason for cortana in the explorer UI is that i was thinking she would take over search completely so when one types into the address bar she would kinda take over ... plus she could have done her animations but i guess she can live in the task bar
i find the taskbar is already doing too much stuff.

its just a concept so when i get inspiration again ill change it for now i like the design .... as a starting point.

Avik Biswas

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

cortana should not have a counter on her
The counter is for reminders, appointments, and other cortana interest.
overall i like it no a fan of the transparent widgets though .. i prefer the clean desktop.
well done

Well, you can simply unpin transparent live tiles(widgets), and unlike widgets, but some like them. I personally like the weather tile. as for clean desktop, i now added a group tile, so that user can organize the desktop. This feature should have been in windows 7 though.

But overall this new design, with stunning wallpaper is gorgeous. :)

Avik Biswas

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

kool
i aligned the icons that ways cuz i liked it else i would have both same size

reason for cortana in the explorer UI is that i was thinking she would take over search completely so when one types into the address bar she would kinda take over ... plus she could have done her animations but i guess she can live in the task bar
i find the taskbar is already doing too much stuff.

its just a concept so when i get inspiration again ill change it for now i like the design .... as a starting point.

what i mean by align is that the small button should be a bit up

anon(5818411)

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

instead of those widgets you have on the right, I would rather be able to pin Live Tiles of any of my apps on my desktop. This would make desktop mode so much more powerful.

MetroSideBar does a good job trying but I would like to pin anywhere on my desktop screen and make the tiles as big as I want. This would be very effective for RSS news, Mail, Calendar, Sport updates and etc, instead of having to go to that stupid start screen.

Avik Biswas

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

instead of those widgets you have on the right, I would rather be able to pin Live Tiles of any of my apps on my desktop. This would make desktop mode so much more powerful.
hi, those are not widgets, those are live tiles or metro apps. and yes it is more powerful, cause it is not just live it is interactive also.

MetroSideBar does a good job trying but I would like to pin anywhere on my desktop screen and make the tiles as big as I want. This would be very effective for RSS news, Mail, Calendar, Sport updates and etc, instead of having to go to that stupid start screen.

yes you can pin anywhere in the desktop. but you can't make them too big or too small. their size is the medium, wide and large. only the group tile can become extra large for containing folder or desktop apps.

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

I think it is better to have cortana just like your notification centre concept and not have her take a whole side of the screen

anon(5818411)

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

hi, those are not widgets, those are live tiles or metro apps. and yes it is more powerful, cause it is not just live it is interactive also.

yes you can pin anywhere in the desktop. but you can't make them too big or too small. their size is the medium, wide and large. only the group tile can become extra large for containing folder or desktop apps.

ok I love your idea then 100%. This is the 1 single feature that makes me so angry about 8.1

I love how cortana how you displayed cortana and if it were an interactive tile then I can delete Dragon Naturally Speaking 12 finally.

What I like about Mac is that spotlight searches internet a bit better then our side charm bar for doing simple searches like looking up a word. When you look up a word in charm bar it opens up a whole new window/tab of your browser. Dictionary is using internet in spotlight but the definition comes up in that little space above.

Pop up notifcation like in BlueStacks is much needed which it seems like it is coming with windows control centre.

Apple's OS X has much better integrated Email/Calendars/Notes apps which nothing is really integrated in 8.1.

The mail app has barely any features compared to outlook which is annoying. OS X has an option to receive all emails from all email address' in 1 inbox without having to change accounts like in the mail app. They made it easier then the previous Mail app but it needs to be unified.

Last edited:

LennH

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site

This is cool, also are you from T&T seeing that your carrier is Digicel?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos