Windows 10 concept! What do you wanna see?

Avik Biswas

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Windows 9 concept! What do you wanna see?

ok I love your idea then 100%. This is the 1 single feature that makes me so angry about 8.1

I love how cortana how you displayed cortana and if it were an interactive tile then I can delete Dragon Naturally Speaking 12 finally.
Dragon!!
What I like about Mac is that spotlight searches internet a bit better then our side charm bar for doing simple searches like looking up a word. When you look up a word in charm bar it opens up a whole new window/tab of your browser. Dictionary is using internet in spotlight but the definition comes up in that little space above.

I like that feature in MAC too. Probably do some mockups about search bar, thanks.

Pop up notifcation like in BlueStacks is much needed which it seems like it is coming with windows control centre.
Apple's OS X has much better integrated Email/Calendars/Notes apps which nothing is really integrated in 8.1.

agree, if you see in the first post, i already created a mockup about notification centre, and as cortana and notification centre is integrated apps like calender, mail, notes all will be core feature also support for third party apps. :)

The mail app has barely any features compared to outlook which is annoying. OS X has an option to receive all emails from all email address' in 1 inbox without having to change accounts like in the mail app. They made it easier then the previous Mail app but it needs to be unified.

I think there should be an option of if user want all mails unified or not. Also the current mail app is a complete waste, too much wasted space, clearly it is made for touch not for pc, yet ms want pc use to use this crap. too much big icon is completely useless.

I think MS need to release some new apis, new desktop metro mode. if user is on pc, not a touch device, then apps simply become desktop app like, no hidden bar, no charms bar, no big icons, and most of all waste space.

Solidgamez

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

A little concept design I am working on. This is how windows (phone) 9 should look like if you ask me :) And if you guys don't mind I will keep posting updates :) A Thankyou to Avik for inspiring me!
WP9.jpg

Solidgamez

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Finished result of the start screen, a few different backgrounds, notice that the tiles in front of the white background are darker than on the others, it would be a setting to darken them to increase readability of the text and icons.
WP9finished.jpgWP9finishedBlack.jpgWP9finishedBlue.jpgWP9finishedGreen.jpgWP9finishedlight.jpg

Avik Biswas

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

Finished result of the start screen, a few different backgrounds, notice that the tiles in front of the white background are darker than on the others, it would be a setting to darken them to increase readability of the text and icons.
View attachment 82063View attachment 82064View attachment 82065View attachment 82066View attachment 82067

Nice design, i like those, few suggestion:
1. choose wallpaper wisely, currently texts and app icons are not readable. why not try blur.

other than that great design.

Solidgamez

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Nice design, i like those, few suggestion:
1. choose wallpaper wisely, currently texts and app icons are not readable. why not try blur.

other than that great design.

Thanks! Your designs are great too, I really love them. Hope Windows 9 will look similar.
You mean that it blurs under the tiles? I'll try that and see what it looks like, as for readability, I completely agree with you. Too bad that problem does exist with wp 8.1 too.

anon(5818411)

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

one problem with your concepts. The start menu needs to have a search bar in it sliding from the right to the left is not a good solution

"Start menu for pure desktop experience, user can drag any app from start menu and pin to desktop as widgets :)"
Just quickly copy and paste the search bar in paint and then were good :p
http://www.dkszone.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/windows_7_search_box_start_menu.jpg

Avik Biswas

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

one problem with your concepts. The start menu needs to have a search bar in it sliding from the right to the left is not a good solution

"Start menu for pure desktop experience, user can drag any app from start menu and pin to desktop as widgets :)"
Just quickly copy and paste the search bar in paint and then were good :p
http://www.dkszone.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/windows_7_search_box_start_menu.jpg

thanks, for pointing out, i already integrated cortana with desktop, so i don't feel any need for search bar anymore, as cortana is the search bar now. User can use either voice or type to search in cortana, and will get a unified search, like you see in ubuntu.

actually, i have a new cortana ready, but kind of busy right now, will try to post soon. Do you think it is bad idea of integrating search with cortana!

anon(5818411)

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site

thanks, for pointing out, i already integrated cortana with desktop, so i don't feel any need for search bar anymore, as cortana is the search bar now. User can use either voice or type to search in cortana, and will get a unified search, like you see in ubuntu.

actually, i have a new cortana ready, but kind of busy right now, will try to post soon. Do you think it is bad idea of integrating search with cortana!

I personally think that it might be redundant but look at how badly received the charms bar was. That search in the bottom left is essential to Windows, much like Spotlight on the top right to OSX.

I think that either there should be a search in Start Menu that every Win. user loves and the Cortana search as a widget type thing.
Or
Integrate Cortana into the Start Menu some how, even though it might be a bit messy but if you can find a way, that would be sweet.

Note: Cortana isn't for everyone especially all those Old Enterprise users that refuse to change or hate to look at glitzy stuff.

I'm excited to see your mock up and will definitely give you my thoughts.

Ancistrus01

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site

A little concept design I am working on. This is how windows (phone) 9 should look like if you ask me :) And if you guys don't mind I will keep posting updates :) A Thankyou to Avik for inspiring me!
View attachment 81895

Awesome! Love your design! Can you share the wallpaper please? If it will be possible, in 1080x1920! It will be awesome! Thank you

Avik Biswas

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

It's been a long time since i updated my designs, check out the front page to see the new improved design, specially the startmenu, it is not completely new but added some colorfull look and a cleaner ui. hope you guys love this, :)

Avik Biswas

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

I personally think that it might be redundant but look at how badly received the charms bar was. That search in the bottom left is essential to Windows, much like Spotlight on the top right to OSX.

I think that either there should be a search in Start Menu that every Win. user loves and the Cortana search as a widget type thing.
Or
Integrate Cortana into the Start Menu some how, even though it might be a bit messy but if you can find a way, that would be sweet.

Note: Cortana isn't for everyone especially all those Old Enterprise users that refuse to change or hate to look at glitzy stuff.

I'm excited to see your mock up and will definitely give you my thoughts.

thanks, i have updated the start menu with search bar, i also think that search should be in start menu. as for cortana, well i still think it is a gimmick nothing more...... at least not right now.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa