4th and Mayor App Error Message

comicalmoodydan

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I've used the 4th and mayor app on a Nokia 521 using Windows Phone 8 and the Developer version of 8.1. I just upgraded to a Nokia 635 that has the latest version 8.1 on it and I can't get 4th and Mayor to work on this device. I click on Login with Facebook then receive an error message that states "Unsupported Browser. IE Mobile does not support this feature. Please use a different browser and try again". Is this a known error or what's going on? It's very annoying and as of now 4th and Mayor is useless until and if I can get this fixed.

Does anybody have any suggestions on here on how to fix this or have run in to this area? I never had this issue with my 521 but I just can't get this app to work on my new 635.

comicalmoodydan

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'm aware of Swarm and I briefly had it when I was using an iPhone but I hated the app and preferred the old check in system. I know you already have to use Swarm now to check in on android and iOS and that is coming soon to Windows Phone as well. I guess I might as well just try Swarm on Windows Phone and be ready for the switch over, hopefully the app is better now and works well on WP.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm aware of Swarm and I briefly had it when I was using an iPhone but I hated the app and preferred the old check in system. I know you already have to use Swarm now to check in on android and iOS and that is coming soon to Windows Phone as well. I guess I might as well just try Swarm on Windows Phone and be ready for the switch over, hopefully the app is better now and works well on WP.
I used 4th and Mayor when I used WP7.x, but I never used it for WP8/8.1 (didn't install it when I switched to WP8). I was using the official Foursquare app.

I just installed Swarm this evening, while at home, so I haven't been anywhere yet to check in and see how I like it.

comicalmoodydan

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I didn't uninstall Foursquare yet, but I took the tile off my home screen. I'll give Swarm a go tomorrow.

I don't understand the big change everybody loved Foursquare and they had to go and create a second app and then move check ins to it and keep the "social" part in Four Square and I know mayor ships are going away too which was something I really liked. They should have just added some of Swarm features in to the FQ app and kept it at that instead of this confusing and fractured change, I really dislike the new Foursquare website as well. I'm not seeing anybody on the net happy with the changes.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the big change everybody loved Foursquare and they had to go and create a second app and then move check ins to it and keep the "social" part in Four Square and I know mayor ships are going away too which was something I really liked. They should have just added some of Swarm features in to the FQ app and kept it at that instead of this confusing and fractured change, I really dislike the new Foursquare website as well. I'm not seeing anybody on the net happy with the changes.
I agree with you.

I used to use GetGlue, but I deleted my account completely when it switched to tvtag, since I don't even watch TV shows much. I hope Swarm doesn't become something I dislike and quit using.

comicalmoodydan

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I agree with you.

I used to use GetGlue, but I deleted my account completely when it switched to tvtag, since I don't even watch TV shows much. I hope Swarm doesn't become something I dislike and quit using.

I used GetGlue often but I very rarely use tvtag, the service was far better when it was GetGlue and more fun to use.

comicalmoodydan

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Update: I never could get 4th and Mayor to work and with Foursquare dropping check in support soon via it's app as I stated before both have been deleted from my phone, I tried Swarm today on WP and I couldn't stand it nor could I get check ins to share properly to my Facebook account. So I've just deleted everything and given up on FQ/Swarm. I'm going to just use Facebook check in from now on, Foursquare isn't worth the hassle now.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Update: Swarm had been buggy and crashed a lot for me in 8.1 Preview.

Since I installed Cyan, Swarm has been stable and not crashed at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss