up to 75% longer battery life with WP over Android? :-o

Status
Not open for further replies.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
You know why I asked for an official file manager? Would you trust a stranger with your bank account details? Your pan card no.? Your office data and files shown to a 3rd party app? Because I would never do that.

Show me a budget WP that struggles with switching apps and games as compared to an Android with the same specs. Take the Lumia 530. It was provided with a quad core exclusively for multitasking.

Google removed apps to SD support in Android 4.0. Removed it. Why do they need to remove an already present feature? Try using a Moto g with only 8 GB of storage.

First of all these type of details (like Bank a/c) not saved in File manager but in docs. and Android have Google docs and many others apps.

What do trust have to do with File Manager? This is very silliest thing you mentioned.(Even in Wp most users use or prefer Pocket File Manager over Files)

Second - My L620 struggles with Subway surfer(and many other games but lets go with Subway Surfer for now) games which run more better in Samsung Galaxy S dous and even Samsung own File Manager runs more faster on than WP official File Manager. You can test it yourself.
I mention this phone because this is the one of the most laggest phone I ever seen but it runs games and apps more better than L620.

and Lg optimus l5 2
LG Optimus L5 II E460 - Full phone specifications

not only it offer smooth OS experience but this phone also runs games & apps better than L620.

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
First of all these type of details (like Bank a/c) not saved in File manager but in docs. and Android have Google docs and many others apps.

What do trust have to do with File Manager? This is very silliest thing you mentioned.(Even in Wp most users use or prefer Pocket File Manager over Files)

Second - My L620 struggles with Subway surfer(and many other games but lets go with Subway Surfer for now) games which run more better in Samsung Galaxy S dous and even Samsung own File Manager runs more faster on than WP official File Manager. You can test it yourself.
I mention this phone because this is the one of the most laggest phone I ever seen but it runs games and apps more better than L620.

and Lg optimus l5 2
LG Optimus L5 II E460 - Full phone specifications

not only it offer smooth OS experience but this phone also runs games & apps better than L620.
Clearly, you do not understand the situation. I store my passwords on a word document in WP. If I do the same on a nexus,A third party app is involved in accessing my word document. Obviously, who would want some third party company to access their files? What if they stole my password? You never know. And it would be nice if you stopped with the insults.

I ran subway surfer on my 620 with a class 10 16gb SD card. It ran much faster and much smoother than on my dad's galaxy s duos, which is truly the laggiest phone ever existed. I don't know about your situation.

Yeah right, an LG phone with worse specs than the s duos runs subway surfer faster than Lumia 620,eh? Don't be silly.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Clearly, you do not understand the situation. I store my passwords on a word document in WP. If I do the same on a nexus,A third party app is involved in accessing my word document. Obviously, who would want some third party company to access their files? What if they stole my password? You never know. And it would be nice if you stopped with the insults.

I ran subway surfer on my 620 with a class 10 16gb SD card. It ran much faster and much smoother than on my dad's galaxy s duos, which is truly the laggiest phone ever existed. I don't know about your situation.

Yeah right, an LG phone with worse specs than the s duos runs subway surfer faster than Lumia 620,eh? Don't be silly.

I also have class 10 SD card.(Sandisk)
this game lag more on L620 than Samsung & LG phone. I am telling you this because I tested it my self.
and can you also test File Manger which perform faster?
Despite laggy it perform task faster than L620.(atleast in this apps & games part)

and about File Manager. My friends do trading in his Android phone never had any such problem.
If you find a case like you mention post it here.

........................................................................................................
I am really sorry if find my comment insulting. I didn't mean it.
..........................................................................................................

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 810 was dropped support by t mobile, Nokia and Microsoft have nothing to do with it. Isn't the Lumia 820 still being supported?! As for the HTC 8s, Microsoft is ready to provide the update, but HTC as usual showed the same attitude they have towards budget devices-they stopped supporting it. But both devices can be updated through DP. Atleast dp is far too earlier than flashing a custom rom. Just go to store, install PFD (it is in the top free downloads) and you are easy to go. Flashing custom ROMs is a nightmare, common consumers don't do it.

No, I don't think it can. HTC 8S can't get Windows Phone Update 1 even with Dev Preview.

My cousin who has been an iPhone user most of his life, rooted his wife's Xperia Arc S.

Rooting isn't as hard as people make it out to be, with every iteration it gets easier and easier. You have dedicated toolkits and now you even have a Cyanogenmod Installer.

It's becoming way more easier if you have a good device.

You know why I asked for an official file manager? Would you trust a stranger with your bank account details? Your pan card no.? Your office data and files shown to a 3rd party app? Because I would never do that.

Show me a budget WP that struggles with switching apps and games as compared to an Android with the same specs. Take the Lumia 530. It was provided with a quad core exclusively for multitasking.

Google removed apps to SD support in Android 4.0. Removed it. Why do they need to remove an already present feature? Try using a Moto g with only 8 GB of storage.

Every low-end device struggles to switch more than two or three apps, even the Lumia 520. I would recommend watching Pocketnow's Moto G vs Lumia 520 video if you don't believe me.

File managers don't export your data to the creator of the app, the data remands on your phone for as long as you keep it, file managers on Android would be dangerous if they asked you for internet connectivity and if they asked you to login with your Fb password. Other than that, data is safe.

Plus you clearly don't know how processors work, more cores don't always mean better performance. The Lumia 530's quad core CPU isn't as powerful as the dual core one offered in Lumia 520, 620 and 720.

If you want to learn more about why cores don't matter, quality of the cores does, message me.

Google never removed SD Card support from "Android", I repeat "Android", they removed it from devices they made. If you want an SD Card you have options for that, and you can move your data to the SD Card.

There is no third party software accessing your files, the app merely shows you what is one your phone and when you open the document it redirects you to whatever apps you have to view/edit a word document, like Office Mobile. Refer to my post above to learn why file managers are safe.

I've played Subway Surfers on Windows Phone, using my Lumia 520 and it was absolutely terrible. Jagged edges, slow response times, dropped FPS. The Android version runs much better with identical specifications.

Anyways if you want to continue discussing this, message me. I'll explain it in more detail.

This thread is going off-topic anyways and it's going to be closed soon.

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
This thread is going off-topic anyways and it's going to be closed soon.

I was thinking this very same thing. salmanahmad your posts have been refreshing to read. Someone that seems to want each OS to succeed in its own way and where they falter you call it out. You should, if you don't already, participate in the Uservoice forums for Windows Phone.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking this very same thing. salmanahmad your posts have been refreshing to read. Someone that seems to want each OS to succeed in its own way and where they falter you call it out. You should, if you don't already, participate in the Uservoice forums for Windows Phone.

I have, I want the Windows Phone OS to become more advanced but no one listens to user voice suggestions of random people much. :p

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Clearly, you do not understand the situation. I store my passwords on a word document in WP. If I do the same on a nexus,A third party app is involved in accessing my word document. Obviously, who would want some third party company to access their files? What if they stole my password? You never know.

I'm a paranoid computer security nut and I'll say that this fear is a little far fetched. Even so, if you are worried why don't you encrypt the file?

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm a paranoid computer security nut and I'll say that this fear is a little far fetched. Even so, if you are worried why don't you encrypt the file?
I was justifying my statement, and I still think that 3rd party file managers with access to internet(some claim gdrive integration, so require internet access) can export your data. In the world of today, you never know. Plus Google's certification process isn't all that secure, you know.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I was justifying my statement, and I still think that 3rd party file managers with access to internet(some claim gdrive integration, so require internet access) can export your data. In the world of today, you never know. Plus Google's certification process isn't all that secure, you know.

Google's certification is pretty good, it's just that a lot of apps are submitted and mistakes can be made somewhere along the way.

If you are really that big of a security nut don't download a file manager with internet access.

Seriously dude. -.-

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This thread has been off the rails for a while.
Which is par for the course.
Thanks for the input here everyone!
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo