Why is the Destiny Companion app not coming to WP?

AlwaysColtron

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
With Destiny only 2 weeks away, I'm getting super excited. As a Xbox One owner I feel Bungie has taken the side of Sony over MS but there may be more to it than we are aware of. I'm okay with timed and certain exclusives because I don't wanna focus on the things I will not get but just enjoy the game itself. That being said, and as a WP owner I should be use to it by now, I'm really upset that the Destiny Companion app is not going to be made for WP8/WP8.1. Bungie and MS have had a long standing partnership all the way back to the original Xbox days. I get the phone division is different and I understand that the market shares may not be where they like to spend the time and money to make it happen but this is a game that will be around for 10+ years and MS doesn't see that time frame worth it to try and get an app out to millions of current and future users? These are the reasons that WP has such a hard time, we have the hardware the OS but the apps are hard to appreciate when we are left outside of the experience that other users are having. Maybe Bungie decided not to, maybe MS decided not to fight for it, whichever is the case it still feels like I'll be missing out when I talk to my friends about it outside of the game world.

More of a rant than anything but I would like to know others opinions.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't noticed Sony is paying Bungie some extra moola for exclusive content- I'm sure that has something to do with no WP app.

AlwaysColtron

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm just upset that the Destiny beta had record breaking numbers, millions of pre orders and players waiting to play it. Even if 5% of those names are WP owners we are still looking at hundreds of thousands and that number can only grow over time with the title becoming more popular and the platform gaining more users. As a company, I cannot imagine they would ever want to basically shaft hundreds of thousands of fans but you are right, it is all about the money. Sony has bigger pockets than users have a voice at times.

thommygunn

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
Just a heads up, share this link on any forum or site or comments where people are looking or asking for a Destiny App for windows phone.

Someone made a petition hoping Bungie will do something, but they will need our voices heard. Copy and paste the link (since i can't put links into this forum), and then sign the petition. THEN share it with anyone!

*edit, ok i want to give you the link, even if i copy and paste it this STUPID forum won't allow me too, still thinks its a hyperlink when i just want it to be text. SO, search on Google or bing for a change petition for Destiny's companion APP, official title is "Make a Windows phone version of the Destiny companion app" on Change (DOT) org (please use a real dot there, again this forum won't allow me too, i guess im too new. Im a reader typically not a poster). If anyone else can take it and post the link, that would rock!

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss