Apps that you badly want or want an update on WP

Marco Ciccone

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
There are a lot of apps I would like to be updated or reaching WP store (a lot of them are travel related).
Yesterday I make a list in order to reach those firms and ask them if they were planning updates.

If you're interested this is the list of my apps, their missing features and the response I got:

Tripadvisor
This app needs an urgent update, it's really below the average considering iOS and android counterpart. I reached Tripadvisor via Facebook page (italian one) asking for an update, and - possibly - a universal app for W8/WP8. No response.
eDreams
Currently no app, they said me that it's in development.
LinkedIn
It's lacking "likes" to status updates, comments and the ability to see skills. Also profile management must be improved. It lacks a W8 app and maybe with a universal app the can do both. Reached them via wp in-app support, they said that they could start development of new app features if there is people asking for them, so... we need to ask them every day!
Air bnb
They said to consider wp app in the future. Maybe if they feel some interest they can speed up the process. Contacted them via Facebook Page (italian).
Expedia
Same response of Air bnb
Trivago
No response
Files
Requested via in-app feedback: OneDrive access (to be hones OneDrive and local file manager should be the same app), password protection for file and folders, ability to zip files.
Bing Health & Fitness
Requested via in-app feedback: ability to sync with smart watches and smart bands without the need to use Healthvault app, better food database management (not comparable with myfitnesspal and I cannot find how to add new foods), better exercise management (not only cardio), ability to store health data & exams like health vault. In other words Bing Health & Fitness and HealthVault should be the same app... much better and less confusion.

Then, there are other apps where updates are not so urgent in my opinion. Apps like Facebook could be improved (it's not a universal app, why) and I would like to see shopping apps like ebay or android to gain wallet support for payments.

Marco Ciccone

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
A lot of apps need to be updated or added to wp store:
Tripadvisor (reached them but no response)
LinkedIn (they said me that they evaluate updates if people request them... so we need to reach them!!)
edreams (in development)
airbnb (no plans, maybe in the future)
expedia (as airbnb)
bing health and fitness (it needs better food database management and improved training log, not only for cardio... also this app and health vault should be the same app!!)
files (no password protection for files, ability to zip files, one drive support...)
bing maps (they have data from here and foursquare so why don't they use a single app for map, navigation and public transport??)

I reach them monthly and I hope a lot of people do the same

Kalvin Wood

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I know only a small percentage of WP users need it but the Bank Of Scotland app seriously needs an update. It's currently just a wrapper app (which I'm actually ok with considering it's just a banking app) but it doesn't let anyone log in. I know it's technically the mobile website which needs updating but I tried the exact mobile website on a PC and that works fine.

Also I would like one if the 3rd party YouTube apps to give notifications when new videos are added to your subscription feed.

And Twitter needs an update so that it can actually load pictures.

webcrystal

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I'd really like a simple Nook app so I can actually see and read the books I've bought without having to go over to an Android device. Crazy all that money MS invested and they (B&N) couldn't even make a stupid reader app for phone or RT. And for heaven's sake please don't keep that stupid name of MS Consumer Reader (ugh). (really who makes these naming decisions?!?)

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for so many suggestions. But one request. Please don't repost ur app wish or feature wish if it is already listed. For example flipboard

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Missing:

HBO GO
WatchESPN
Ingress
Strava
SEPTA (Philly transit)

Updates:
Yelp - hilariously outdated compared to ios/android
Facebook - recent changes fill wall with useless "Friend liked/commented on a post/link/photo/video" updates that can't be clicked for any detail.
Tumblr - 8.1 Datasense reveals it's a data hog, accounting for half my cellular data use. Also, why does the live tile show random pics instead of pics from who I follow?

Holy Grail:
A scoreboard live tile that can always show me an up to date score for any of my 4 favorite teams, without any BS "top scores" or headlines for teams or sports I hate. The best scoreboard I've found is Sofascore, but even that has a lot of usability issues.

I'm also really annoyed that 8.1 doesn't seem to have fixed the issue with tiles not updating or showing out of date info

Captain_Eric

Dec 31, 2007
Visit site
I'm a big Window Phone, so assume I'm cheering for them. I waited to move from an android, and recently bought a 1520. Sad to say, or is it understandable with the low market share, most of their apps are 6 to 9 months behind Android. Most people coming from feature phones won't notice, but for power users it's disappointing.

myself11

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Amazon kindle: WP's version is so behind Android and iOS version that it's insulting. It's a version literally years behind, with no built-in dictionary, no font options, no word selection/copy/look out on Wikipedia possibilities.

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I want to add to my list:
Minecraft Pocket Edition
Ninjump series by Backflip studios
Update for piano tiles newer 6x6 options present in Android and iOS
Lego star wars

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
CoinKeeper : Please update this ancient wp7.0 version to 8/8.1 :)

Telegram : Please update this so it supports multiple photo sending instead of one-by-one. It's such a pain in the arse, unlike whatsapp but whatsapp degrades the image's quality.

Word Frame @ LetterFX : Photos within letters like its iOS/Android counterparts.

Last edited:

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Kik
Bring Minecraft Pocket Edition
Nyan Cat Adventures x3
Firefox Browser maybe?
Battle Gems! from Artix Entertainment
About all I can think off atm

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Espn fantasy football

Takes forever to connect.

When you finally do connect, you can't draft your team. Wtf?

I've sat my Lumia down, and maybe for good. This was embarrassing.

lkcbharath

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Flipboard is now available for Windows Phone, but you require 1GB RAM to download it, 512 MB RAM support coming soon

Minecraft's parent company Mojang has been bought by Microsoft, so expect a Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 version coming soon.

SumairB

Mar 21, 2014
Visit site
DoctorSaline already mentioned this, but: QuizUp. I heard Daniel Gary ("Instance") was working on a client called QuizIt, but it's been a few months and we haven't heard from him.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb