minor annoyance with People large live tile

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
[edit] fixed image links(?) Not sure why I though picture from non-public onedrive would be visible for everyone with enabling share... Oops.[/edit]

Okay, so, I noticed this a while back, but, well, i keep seeing it now, and, it annoys me everytime I see the tile.

here is a picture of the tile surrounded by others
wp_ss_20140901_0008.png

Maybe you don't see the issue, but, well, if you look at the rightmost two "minitiles" inside the large time...

wp_ss_20140901_0010.png

Now you see it?

Can anyone explain why this is there (also noticed this on my 920, have not checked on 1520)
have not checked if works with background turned off WP8 style.

sorry if you cannot unsee it now :(

Last edited:

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
TY, Quinn. I do see it in mine when I make my People Hub a large tile (I usually keep it at medium, the large square). I use the More Tiles setting on my 920, so the gap is the width of an eyelash.

What I suspect is going on here: PH displays 3 images across when you use the Medium Tile, 6 images across when you use the large tile. Now look at other Medium tiles. There is a gap/margin/space between them. Of course, when you use a large tile, the tile is the width of 2 medium tiles PLUS the space between them. The large PH tile probably resizes the images, apportioning the space to each image, but still has a tiny bit remaining because you can slice and dice pixels only so much. That remainder is the tiny gap.

Quinn FitzGerald

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
What I suspect is going on here: PH displays 3 images across when you use the Medium Tile, 6 images across when you use the large tile. Now look at other Medium tiles. There is a gap/margin/space between them. Of course, when you use a large tile, the tile is the width of 2 medium tiles PLUS the space between them. The large PH tile probably resizes the images, apportioning the space to each image, but still has a tiny bit remaining because you can slice and dice pixels only so much. That remainder is the tiny gap.

Why would the gap be between the 5th and 6th row of tiles? Seems pretty silly... putting it on either end or in the middle *seems* to make more sense to me... But, I don't know the rational, so, yeah :)

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Why would the gap be between the 5th and 6th row of tiles? Seems pretty silly... putting it on either end or in the middle *seems* to make more sense to me... But, I don't know the rational, so, yeah :)

The middle would make more sense. The end, not so much. I think it would be much more noticeable on the 3-column setting if the large tile for PH was narrower than others.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb