Nokia US availability announcement incoming?

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Could be a whole new phone all together, specifically for the US. Hopefully it's high-end, as none of the other carriers have a high-end Windows Phone except Verizon. The rest of the world has the 930, so let's be fair! ;)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Could be a whole new phone all together, specifically for the US. Hopefully it's high-end, as none of the other carriers have a high-end Windows Phone except Verizon. The rest of the world has the 930, so let's be fair! ;)

AT&T's 1520 is not high-end?

​I'm on T-MoUS and am very disappointed that they dropped the 925 with no replacement; hence, the 1520.3.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I just want a full feature phone that can fit comfortably in my hand and my pocket. Even though it doesn't have glance, I'd be very happy if they brought wider availability of the 930. MS seems open to releasing unbranded unlocked devices. I wish they'd offer a "930.3". I'm dreaming again.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I'm not going to hold out any hope for this being anything other than the L830, but still, I'm curious. There are two other videos on the Nokia US Youtube account: "Jake," "Blaine," and "Clay." I can't say that any of them are particularly elucidating, but they're fun, especially Blaine.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I'm not going to hold out any hope for this being anything other than the L830, but still, I'm curious. There are two other videos on the Nokia US Youtube account: "Jake," "Blaine," and "Clay." I can't say that any of them are particularly elucidating, but they're fun, especially Blaine.

So I watched the "Group Therapy" videos and it seems apparent they are going after Apple's iPhone with this campaign. Unless I'm reading it wrong. Should lead into more comparison of features in a similar vein to the L635 Cortana vs Siri spot that has been running.

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

Completely wrong. The only high end phone is AT&T and it is the 1520.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Completely wrong. The only high end phone is AT&T and it is the 1520.

There are 3 high end Windows Phones:
Nokia Lumia 1520 variants (undisputed worldwide WP king due to massive GSM compatibility)
Nokia Lumia 930 and the Icon variant (runner up in most of the world and a Vzw exclusive in the states - lack of LTE flexibility is holding this one back)
HTC One (M8) WP & upcoming variants (Vzw exclusive right now is holding this one way down, but it's struggling to break free)

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
There are 3 high end Windows Phones:
Nokia Lumia 1520 variants (undisputed worldwide WP king due to massive GSM compatibility)
Nokia Lumia 930 and the Icon variant (runner up in most of the world and a Vzw exclusive in the states - lack of LTE flexibility is holding this one back)
HTC One (M8) WP & upcoming variants (Vzw exclusive right now is holding this one way down, but it's struggling to break free)

You proved my point using phrases like "holding this one back" and "struggling to break free". I'm not talking about best available. I'm talking about flagship phones and the 1520 was the only flagship phone and still is but being over a year old it's ending its flagship status.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The other two are flagships as well... Or One (M8) will be as soon as the release widens.

​I think you are taking too narrow a view. (US + your carrier.)

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
If no announcement comes before the 12th (when preorders start for the iphone 6) then I assume MS pretty much abandonded the US for the rest of the year.

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
The other two are flagships as well... Or One (M8) will be as soon as the release widens.

​I think you are taking too narrow a view. (US + your carrier.)

Actually it is you taking a narrow view. You are calling what is newest available flagship. If no other phones are released a huge gap is missing. A 10xx and 15xx would be considered highest end and therefore flagship phones. As of now there is only 1. The HTC m8 is not a flagship device.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Not newest available... 1520 released November, 2013; Icon released in February, 2014. Quite "old" with the frantic pace of modern cell phone releases. If I was going on newest released, I would fall for saying 830 is a flagship and it is not, IMHO.

I'm basing my opinion on Spec. That's why I agree with you that 1520 is a flagship. 930/Icon and One (M8) are very similarly and modern/up-to-date specification devices... The only topper would be 4K screen, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805, 50MP range camera... Lacking any of that, the three I mentioned are all fairly equal top tier spec devices - hence flagships - for Windows Phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon