Run/Fitness Device & App Combo

djtech2k

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I am looking for a gift for my wife and am in need of some advice or opinions. She enjoys running so I had thought about getting her a runners gps watch or one of those arm band things. I think she would like the GPS functionality more, so GPS it is. We are die-hard Windows people, so the whole family has Nokia 920's (changing within next 3 months). She has used a couple different phone apps, like runtastic, etc and I think she likes them, to a degree. She runs with her phone for music, but the Nokia's are not exactly light or easy to carry all the time.

My goal is to get her a gps runners watch with heart rate monitoring that she can use that will also be friendly or integrate with Windows Phones and/or Windows 8.1. I am finding all sorts of devices and software, but I am not clear on which do integrate with WP or W8. For example FitBit, Garmin, Runtastic, Adidas, etc seem to have hardware devices/watches. I think the FitBit is only the step-monitoring band and I do not see any Garmin phone/windows integration. I just found that Runtastic has devices and apps for WP. Now I see on the forum that Adidias may have app and device also.

Can anyone that has any experience with this shed some light on this for me? Which App & Device solution is best?

djtech2k

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Anyone? I see many threads about the apps on here so I figured someone has to have some knowledge about the devices to use with them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon