What makes sense about "Carrier Specific"??

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused as to why there are so many carrier specific phones and am hoping someone can help me understand the reasoning it happens so often. For example, the 1520. Did AT&T pay for it to be through them only? Because I have to assume Microsoft has missed out on so many sales of the phone through other carriers. I hear all the time people would own the 1520 if it were available through a different carrier. AT&T must be paying a huge amount of money for this. Am I right? Especially more so now that we are lacking a true high end flagship device coming into the fall 2014 season. Hopefully Microsoft put this into account when selling AT&T the exclusive access to the phone.

Hey Microsoft, did you take this next tidbit into account? My Verizon contract is up and I am not leaving Verizon as it is through my work. So if you don't release a high end flagship phone soon I may jump ship. I don't want to. But there are a lot of high end phones about to come out on android and Iphone. I don't want to upgrade from a Lumia 928 to an M8. Hopefully you took into account customers potentially leaving Windows phone because I will do that before moving to AT&T. And sadly I'm talking about upgrading to a phone that is over a year old (1520). Where's the new stuff MSFT??? Get it together.

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why you don't consider Icon as an upgrade? Nokia Lumia 928 vs. Nokia Lumia Icon - GSMArena.com

Larger screen with way better resolution
Double the RAM
More than double the MP on the camera with a larger sensor
Chipset upgrade to Snapdragon 800 which will take advantage of Denim

​Giving up Glance sucks...

I'm not looking for an upgrade I'm looking for a flagship pro. The icon is a good phone but I want a phone with the 3,400mah battery. 5.5 inch screen, or larger. At minimum 801 snapdragon but preferably 803 or 805. 2 gb or 3gb would be fine. There are a multitude of specs that need to go into their next high end device. But this thread isn't about that. It's about the carrier specific devices and why they do it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They do it because they can... Sad that the system is the way it is in the US.

It's the reason I refuse to do a CDMA network. The very model of carrier stranglehold over device availability.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720