Lumia 1040 wishlist .

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
It will probably never happen.

Lumia 1040

Hardware
5 inch 1080p clearblack puremotionFHD OLED display
Snapdragon 64-bit 810 3.2 GHz with a 1 GHz snapdragon S4 for the camera.
4 GB ram
Super-sensitive touch
IP-69 water and dust resistance
32/64/128/256 GB variants
Micro SD up-to 128 GB
5 mp front facer with a clearblack filter for deep contrasts.
side firing speakers
8 HAAC microphones. (2 on the front, 2 on the back, 1 each on top and bottom and both sides)
Qi wireless charging inbuilt
9.1 mm thick
4000 mAh battery
2 ambient light sensors one above and one below the screen ( each will receive individual light information and analyse them together and send the data to adjust individual pixels on the screen to provide superior visibility in light.)

Camera Features
42 megapixel Pureview with zeiss optics
8 element lens with ND filter
Optical Image Stabilization
upto 4k video recording using normal mode.
Moment Capture upto 8k resolution
8k moment captured video can be pixel oversampled into 1080p or quad HD videos for superior quality. (superior low light video capture)
Upto 32 sec shutter speed without overexposing thanks to the ND filter.
1080p and 2k videos will be recorded as a small window in the sensor which moves according to the gyroscope to create superior digital stabilization paired with OIS ( OIS on Steroids)
Dolby Surround 7.1 capture
Ultra fast camera app and photo capture due to the superior capabilities of the snapdragon 810 combined with the dedicated camera processor.

Software
Windows Phone 9 with appropriate Lumia firmware http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-9/287158-windows-phone-9-features-wishlist.html

Last edited:

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why you went for "1040" instead of 1030, but that's neither here nor there. My personal wishlist is much the same as yours. I won't bother listing what you already have, so some other things (that are probably quite unrealistic to expect) I'd like are...

• A display that supports Glance
  • Sapphire/scratch proof display
  • Case/cover/camera grip that has a standard camera mount and allows for detachable lenses and is designed to be essentially "part" of the phone in a way that it doesn't ruin the looks of the phone
  • Flexible OLED display that can fold out to make a larger display (I don't know how this would work, it's just a dream I have that probably won't come for a few years at least)

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why you went for "1040" instead of 1030, but that's neither here nor there. My personal wishlist is much the same as yours. I won't bother listing what you already have, so some other things (that are probably quite unrealistic to expect) I'd like are...

• A display that supports Glance
  • Sapphire/scratch proof display
  • Case/cover/camera grip that has a standard camera mount and allows for detachable lenses and is designed to be essentially "part" of the phone in a way that it doesn't ruin the looks of the phone
  • Flexible OLED display that can fold out to make a larger display (I don't know how this would work, it's just a dream I have that probably won't come for a few years at least)

I have a feeling that 1030 is almost here. So I chose 1040 so that this thread would be relevant for at-least a whole year

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Really huh, you want a phone with thick bezels. That's the only way I can think of to fit such a large battery in a phone that is 9.1mm thick. In other words, TL;DR: I want a phone with all the greatest specs I can think of and want them in a small package...

Seriously.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital