How to finish single player on age of empires castle siege | capture of aleppo

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi, have been trying this for quite some time now.
I start on the top left side with the ramp and break through. than trying to the bigger one with one tower or the smaller one with guard house. didn't get further than the big area but there I always die:(

jay_minon

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Send you wall jumpers at the back and everyone else in the front. The key is to destroy the catapult with the wall jumpers (yellow infantry) so that your infantry can come in from the front to destroy the rest.

Ben Hanchett

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I need help starting a siege on the single player mode. I chose the French Civilization. My forces are ridiculously outnumbered and outgunned. Anyway to add to the troops your given? Any help would be appreciated

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
Aleppo doesn't provide wall jumpers. It has a ram and few speer men as well as infantry and crossbow.
I figured a way out to do it. I walked in from the north where there are is a little part without buildings just the meeting point. take are to put the ram on the second wall from the left rather than the left wall because you will not be hit by the top north tower. than take everything back and gank the troops with the speer men. From there ram in one further wall south - on wall further to the middle as the top one. take care to keep the ram.
get the towers down and use your speer men. you will need infantry later for the keep. this you can get down with the infantry - cross bow and ram.
I have to say the cross bow squads were the last once to live and I tried three times till it worked that way. but it was the only way I even got close to the keep :O

Paul L820

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I just did it! Yeah I used the ram on the first wall on the west side of the camp, then spawned all troops, went for the tower, then the next wall towards the keep, took the two low lvl towers there and the guards and then went foe the keep trying to keep the ram alive, at the end only the crossbowmen were left with a tiny little hp on the keep but out of any tower or guard range. Thought I'd never complete it!

Paul L820

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
The only difference between each civilization is the hero, Byzantines' hero is nice cause he destroys a wall without taking damage, the Teutonic is also good cause of the shield or protection, I chose Britons cause I like em :p the hero does a dmg buff to the infantry around it.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
They are quite tough those single player missions. kind of like it. cant play them on my phone though. prefere the pc for the tactics stuff

pmbAustin

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
I hate this.... I cannot even come CLOSE to winning... the very first battle in the single player campaign shouldn't be this difficult or this ridiculously impossible to win. How the heck do you win? This is too frustrating. Seriously, I barely make even a dent. I've tried a dozen times and haven't gotten any farther than the first. Nothing I try works. Is there any tutorial in this game at ALL? Is there any help? Strategy guide? Videos? If I can't win soon I'm just going to give up and uninstall the stupid game. It's bad enough I have to wait an ENTIRE DAY just to upgrade something.

pmbAustin

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
It just sucks that the single-user campaign isn't structured like EVERY OTHER SINGLE USER CAMPAIGN IN THE UNIVERSE. You know, with tutorials that show you how to use the various units, and easy levels that slowly ramp up in challenge.

This stupid game just dumps you in the deep end, no clue what any unit's capabilities are (I had no idea one type of unit could scale walls... how would one ever know?), and with the very first scenario being really difficult, and the second one damn near impossible. It's ridiculous. It's like they WANT people to rage-quit this game.

anon8855939

May 15, 2014
Visit site
It just sucks that the single-user campaign isn't structured like EVERY OTHER SINGLE USER CAMPAIGN IN THE UNIVERSE. You know, with tutorials that show you how to use the various units, and easy levels that slowly ramp up in challenge.

This stupid game just dumps you in the deep end, no clue what any unit's capabilities are (I had no idea one type of unit could scale walls... how would one ever know?), and with the very first scenario being really difficult, and the second one damn near impossible. It's ridiculous. It's like they WANT people to rage-quit this game.
Why are doing campaign then. Train your troops and
Attack other players.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The campaign is designed so that you don't do it all in one sitting.

You gain knowledge and experience through building your own castle. When you are knowledgeable, then you try a campaign mission that matches your level.

Paul L820

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
You can read the info of each unit on the barracks or on the camp menu, just tap on the "i" icon. Crossbowmen do a ton of dmg to towers but you have to send infantry first which takes less dmg from.towers and also has.more hp. Read everything and try to do something by yourself. Kids these days expect games to give away all Intel and tactics to win, where's the fun in that?

Paul L820

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I've done six 😞 can't finish the 5 catapults one with the trebuchets and cata emplacements and a million towers lol, guess it has to be through the wood walls path, but still need more precision since I'm playing on my 820. Probably will try on my laptop

Ben Hanchett

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm still on the first one. I've asked for help but no luck. I have a 245 score so, whatever I'm supposed to be learning in the multiplayer mode has been missed. I have attempted all of the single player sieges except for 3. Ironically, I have more success on the higher level ones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss