Leo Laporte trashes google for not putting their apps on windows phone.

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I was watching the resent Windows Weekly. And they were talking about what Satya Nadella said about Windows phone's market share. Then the conversation turned to Google apps on windows phone which only has search. Then Waze was brought up a mapping service that google bought out and is not updating the windows phone version. Leo Laporte then said Google is being childish it's not about market share. If Leo is now criticizing Google for this maybe Larry Page and all those dudes in Mountain View should get their heads out of there self driving cars and take some ideas from Microsoft.

Link to Windows Weekly episode: Windows Weekly 380: Call of Minecraft - YouTube

winrayjay99

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I watched the episode on Wednesday and hearing those three talk about Minecraft just makes me cringe lol

Yeah I agree that blah blah blah about Minecraft being the best purchase. Compared to Skype, and Apple buying out beat's. Was a little annoying but when Leo said Google was being childish I yelled "Go Leo!"

But going back to Microsoft Buying Minecraft. Though I did like the acquisition to a point. I agree that $2.5 Billion is a little to much for an Indy game Developer. I don't blame you for cringing over the segment. I am shocked Mary Jo Foley liked the purchase because she is not much of a gamer. She was even asking Leo and Paul what Spartan meant at the beginning when they were talking about IE 12 Which is code named Spartan after the super soldier you play in halo. I have a weird feeling everything Microsoft does will revolve around Xbox from now on. Minecraft may have a lot to do with that.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte