Apps privacy

Ancistrus01

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys!
In the details about some applications, I found that some apps like facebook, tapatalk... want permission to use my camera. They want permission to my phone profile, to my gallery. They want permission to almost everything.

So, is it dangerous? Can these apps collect my photos, my mails, my friends and so on?

Thank you

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The reason for this is because both Facebook and Tapatalk apps have a feature that allows one to upload pictures. If the permissions didn't exist, you couldn't upload pictures using those apps.

KlikHier

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
They definitely could do things like upload your photo's to their servers in the background. Of course you could notice that in data sense, but other types of data definitely could be looked at in the background without you noticing, and apps are probably doing more than you would like. WPC recently had a frontpage article about what a malicious app developer can do.

Now, if you value your privacy you probably shouldn't be using "social networks" like facebook anyway, and if you really care about your privacy you should probably stop using smartphones altogether. But only very few people go that far, I myself don't, I'm happily using my L920 which is collecting all kinds of personal information... We probably should be more worried than we are about these things, but you only notice a breach of privacy when it's already affecting you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6