Which will be next Nokia / Ms Phone Oct-Nov-Dec time frame ?

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

With Nokia (now MS) it was always that New Phones were launched with the New OS updates and Nokia's Firmware updates. For Example
925 - Amber
1520 - Black
930 - Cyan
830 - Denim

Now this year it was reported Windows Phone will get 2 OS updates.
1st update has been seeding to the developer preview phones and Cyan will be rolling out soon.

During the festive season Nov-Dec Nokia/MS will launch New Phones with Update 2.

Which Phone it mite be ?
1525 was supposed to be coming, also 1030 should be coming if you go by the naming series, 1030 is missing this year.
We mite also see 1330 (Lumia 1320) or 1530 ?

Drop in your comments and Ideas or Thoughts.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I thought denim was the last firmware update for this year? Looks like next year, and threshold, will herald the arrival of new devices. I hope I'm wrong. I wanted a proper flagship device - something around the size of the 930 but with an SD card and a killer pureview camera...

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the last flagship for the year got canned (McLaren), so I'm going to say that the new flagships will happen when Windows 9 is released.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
WP 9 will not come before April 9 2015. That is a long wait, will hurt all of us, who is waiting for the next flagship. For me it's a flagship having design similar to 930, with
1) 5.2 inch screen
2) 64 GB internal storage
3) A 21mp camera but bigger sensor than 930/1520 so that it can take much better low light images
4) Glance screen.

Will always be dream device for me.​

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Aye, it's a shame there's no real flagship this year. I'm lucky in that I have a 1520 - I'd just love to see the 930 with sd support and the 41mp sensor. I'd be happy with that, as long as the battery is large. I'm not a small guy, couldn't care less if it's super thin or whatever. Real shame the 830 is the newest tech this year.

XT14N

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
No more new phones will be announced this year. If you want a phone with a 6" screen, just get the 1520, or the 1520.3.

Trill Gates

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Before we knew Microsoft was phasing out the Nokia name they were throwing around a late November release for a Lumia 1525 flagship but that's not likely anymore. What interested me more was the rumor it would feature some type "solar charging panel" if that's even remotely true I'm willing to wait until 2015 and hope Microsoft delivers on that as it would be a killer feature to have on a WP flagship. But I digress looks like we're going to have to wait until 2015 for a new flagship which isn't logical considering the biggest demand for smartphones spikes around Christmas, Microsoft is surrendering the Holliday rush to Apple and Samsung.

Kandino

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Seems like they refresh their lines once every year and a half. Give or take. Correct me if I'm wrong though. It's just what it seems like to me.

flattie

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I think we might be being a little overly-optimistic about the chances of seeing a new flagship device this year. There have been next to no rumours indicating that there is anything more to look forward to once the 830 has launched. All sources indicate an outright delay/shelving of the McLaren phone (whatever that was going to be) and time is running out for the rumour mill to start ramping up again prior to any alternative flagship announcement.

That being said, it wasn't until late October when we first saw the Lumia 1520, last year. So maybe there is still time - I just wouldn't hold out hope.

I expect that if MSM have anything really special brewing, then it will be getting set for the big Threshold launch next year. That being said, I think Nokia/MSM have had a good year in terms of refreshing the Windows Phone portfolio. The 530, 630, 730, 830 and 930 are all decent progressions (and in some cases, more than decent) on their predecessors. You could quite easily argue that the 1520 is fine as it is for the time being, leaving just the 1020 that stands out as being in dire need of a hardware boost to support that camera module - particularly as it won't be seeing the juiciest speed enhancement features of the forthcoming Denim update.

Ultimately, I think us Windows Phone fans are in for a low-key Q4.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nokia is not releasing more phones. I wish people would just STOP writting "Nokia (now MS)" and alikes.

MICROSOFT is most likely not releasing any new phones until Windows (Phone) 9 debuts. For the Fall, the WP flagship will be the HTC One W8. Microsoft will hold probably for MWC to present the first Microsoft phones running Windows 9. Which is what makes sense if you think about it.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I feel the same as DCJBS- Microsoft needs to get R&D in line with what they want from the Nokia handset purchase. I truly feel MS is willing to punt on the rest of this year and attack 2015 with the unified OS of Threshold (what ever they brand it as).

I see the HTC ONE (M8) for Windows as a worthy device to act as the "top gun" for WP during the holidays. Wouldn't shock me to see another handset OEM turn out another WP device in addition to the HTC.

But another top end Lumia? Nah. 2014 has been a wash. Let it go, don't fight the new iPhones here in the US and the top end Samsung's everywhere else. The L730/735 and the L830 are okay to compete in the mid-range devices, the L53X series in the low end. That is MS's WP focus right now.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I see the HTC ONE (M8) for Windows as a worthy device to act as the "top gun" for WP during the holidays. Wouldn't shock me to see another handset OEM turn out another WP device in addition to the HTC.

I agree with you here. I feel as though that will possibly be Samsung with a S5 clone but with Windows. At the same time it would be nice to see Sony release a Windows phone but after selling their PC arm and sticking more closely with Android that tree will never bear fruit.

Last edited:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
1520 is still the fastest phone on the market so we don't really need an update on that yet... just sucks that it's so large and AT&T castrated it.

If AT&T keep this up my 15 years contract may soon come to an end. But then Verizon suck at phone updates... *sigh*

Microsoft really have to do something about the US market...

XT14N

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
1520 is still the fastest phone on the market so we don't really need an update on that yet... just sucks that it's so large and AT&T castrated it.

If AT&T keep this up my 15 years contract may soon come to an end. But then Verizon suck at phone updates... *sigh*

Microsoft really have to do something about the US market...

Yup. They're absolutely terrible at it.

BytorJr

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, yes, Verizon is beyond terrible at updating phones. This is the big giant positive for Apple. I doubt MSFT will ever be able to swing a deal like that with US carriers. :(

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
It not going to matter because Microsoft is pulling the plug on WP. Anyone investing in WP will be doing it for souvenir purposes only.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo