Modern Combat 5 No Longer In Store?

monkeysaintfun

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I am all excited with my ?40 worth of app credit after purchasing my Lumia 930, so I bought a few ad free versions of apps but I completely forgot I wanted to buy Modern Combat 5 till today. So I go to the store and do a search and nothing comes up, the link to the store page for Modern Combat 5 from both Google and Bing brings an App not found error and the same on my phone when using the windows store link :(

Any idea why it's gone and when/if it will be back??

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I am all excited with my ?40 worth of app credit after purchasing my Lumia 930, so I bought a few ad free versions of apps but I completely forgot I wanted to buy Modern Combat 5 till today. So I go to the store and do a search and nothing comes up, the link to the store page for Modern Combat 5 from both Google and Bing brings an App not found error and the same on my phone when using the windows store link :(

Any idea why it's gone and when/if it will be back??

Modern Combat 5 is still in the store Modern Combat 5: Blackout | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

EDIT: I checked and can purchase the game on phone.

monkeysaintfun

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
It is not available in the UK store then, as when I login it instantly gives me an "App Not Found" error :(

I have purchase the game on my Windows 8 laptop just now, so I was hoping the download and install manually might have worked but it auto redirects to the UK store and gives me the "App Not Found" error again -.-

It is available, I'm from the UK. This site says the hyperlink is for US, but it's a universal link.

monkeysaintfun

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
It is not available. That link when accessing on my phone brings up the store with an error saying "Item Not Available" also searching for it in the store only brings up Modern Combat 4...

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
It is not available. That link when accessing on my phone brings up the store with an error saying "Item Not Available" also searching for it in the store only brings up Modern Combat 4...

What I'm saying is it is available thus the problem is your end, it's nothing to do with the store or being in the UK.

wp_ss_20140928_0001.png

monkeysaintfun

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
What I'm saying is it is available thus the problem is your end, it's nothing to do with the store or being in the UK.

Have you already got the game installed? If so then you might not experience my problem. The issue is NOT on my end as I have tried to access this on two different computers as well as my phone. I have also tried to access the store page using both my home WiFi AND my 4G Data with no results.

Meaning it can't be on my end. There is an issue with the store or something like that as I have done all the steps that could be causing an issue locally..

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Have you already got the game installed? If so then you might not experience my problem. The issue is NOT on my end as I have tried to access this on two different computers as well as my phone. I have also tried to access the store page using both my home WiFi AND my 4G Data with no results.

Meaning it can't be on my end. There is an issue with the store or something like that as I have done all the steps that could be causing an issue locally..

I'm in the UK. I can access the page to buy using computer, I can access the game on my phone. The game is available in every way. There is nothing stopping me from downloading or purchasing the Windows Phone version using my computer, or phone. Maybe reset your modem/router, although it does seem fishy that your 4G is experiencing the same issue. You're not using the same ISP for mobile data are you?

Also, no I haven't already gotten installed. You can see from the screenshot I've not purchased yet. Though I can.

monkeysaintfun

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm in the UK. I can access the page to buy using computer, I can access the game on my phone. The game is available in every way. There is nothing stopping me from downloading or purchasing the Windows Phone version using my computer, or phone. Maybe reset your modem/router, although it does seem fishy that your 4G is experiencing the same issue. You're not using the same ISP for mobile data are you?

This is unbelieavnly frustrating!

I am not using the same provider no, EE is my network and my Home Broadband is with Sky so that's not the issue. It can't be a network issue, the chance of both EE and Sky having issues accessing a single games page is highly unlikely if not impossible :p

I can't access it at all from any links, so annoying. I can download it and have from the Windows Store on my Windows 8 Laptop but I really want this game on my phone for when I am out and about..

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
This is unbelieavnly frustrating!

I am not using the same provider no, EE is my network and my Home Broadband is with Sky so that's not the issue. It can't be a network issue, the chance of both EE and Sky having issues accessing a single games page is highly unlikely if not impossible :p

I can't access it at all from any links, so annoying. I can download it and have from the Windows Store on my Windows 8 Laptop but I really want this game on my phone for when I am out and about..

Check your purchase history for your phone, does it show there?

Another thing to try, is sign out of Windows Phone and try and see the link. See if it shows, and says buy there.

monkeysaintfun

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Check your purchase history for your phone, does it show there?

Another thing to try, is sign out of Windows Phone and try and see the link. See if it shows, and says buy there.

Shows on purchase history but says that it isn't compatible with all of my phones (Only have 1 phone so it must some weird issue)

I am wondering now if it's because I am on Preview for Developer's? Maybe there's some weird issue with the latest build :s

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Shows on purchase history but says that it isn't compatible with all of my phones (Only have 1 phone so it must some weird issue)

I am wondering now if it's because I am on Preview for Developer's? Maybe there's some weird issue with the latest build :s

I'm on the latest developer's preview too, we'd need some Lumia 930 owners to chime in. It could quite possibly be the Lumia is not supported for some unknown reason, which I would find weird. Considering it's not much different to a Lumia 1520 which has access to the game. Have you logged out of Windows Phone site to see if the game shows?

EDIT: There is reviews from people with Lumia 930. So should be supported.

monkeysaintfun

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm on the latest developer's preview too, we'd need some Lumia 930 owners to chime in. It could quite possibly be the Lumia is not supported for some unknown reason, which I would find weird. Considering it's not much different to a Lumia 1520 which has access to the game. Have you logged out of Windows Phone site to see if the game shows?

EDIT: There is reviews from people with Lumia 930. So should be supported.

Yeah I can see it if I am logged out but It becomes unavailable as soon as I log in so there must be some compatibility issue with the Lumia 930 for some weird reason... Really annoying :(

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Yeah definitely an issue on either the Store end or Gameloft's end... I downloaded the XAP and copied it to my phone to install is that way but am met with the "Unsupported app or game" message :(

This truly does suck!

It seems - according to that thread - Gameloft, has suggested the 930 doesn't support it. Probably an issue they're working on, I can't imagine they'd be much wrong especially since other Lumia's that are using practically the same hardware are supported.

monkeysaintfun

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
It seems - according to that thread - Gameloft, has suggested the 930 doesn't support it. Probably an issue they're working on, I can't imagine they'd be much wrong especially since other Lumia's that are using practically the same hardware are supported.

Well I don't have high hopes of Gameloft doing anything about it, they don't seem to care about fixing broken games or issues. GT Racing 2 still doesn't work on any of the 1080p Windows 8.1 devices due to some stupid bug where the text is unreable and also it constantly pings notifications which can't be disabled. Things that have been very vocally stated on the reviews and forums but gameloft hasn't done a single thing to fix them or even reply..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb