Facebook metro gets republished again...

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Well, not looking for bugs but rather the options to :
1. comment on photo albums, etc.
2. share/forwarding posts to others
3. view posts from other apps (instagram, foursquare check-ins, etc)

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Well, not looking for bugs but rather the options to :
1. comment on photo albums, etc.
2. share/forwarding posts to others
3. view posts from other apps (instagram, foursquare check-ins, etc)
Yea...these are the reasons which forces me to use the facebook on my android tab..😒 moreover I don't get profile picture updates and posts of my friends in the wp app....jdb for facebook is the best facebook app in the store until now...

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Yea...these are the reasons which forces me to use the facebook on my android tab..�� moreover I don't get profile picture updates and posts of my friends in the wp app....jdb for facebook is the best facebook app in the store until now...

Yes, and I'm using its BLACK version app. Totally the best fb app in the stores for now..

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if the publisher actually has any coding skill or if he just published the modified Facebook metro xap.

I'd love to see the huge black rectangle removed from the top of the app on 720p displays.

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Interesting... I came to Windows Phone when this didn't exist anymore. I only used it once on a college mate's WP7.8 for like 5 minutes.
Downloading. Thanks.

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
They're approved by machine. They basically check for requirements and any red flag-type behaviors. So it's hard to catch subtleties like mimicked apps or republished xaps. That's why they have the report concerns button... and with this app... some would argue this is piracy, copyright infringement, or plagiarism. The app owner basically stole code or code package (as a xap) and published it under his/her account.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Strange, this app is much faster than the official app for me. I'm currently on Lumia Cyan with WP 8.1.1 installed.
Same goes for me...using the latest build of wp8.1 update 1 with dev preview installed...working butter smooth....no bugs no freezes.. And UI is awsum....😁

How did you even get it?
From a news source which covered this fact. I just shared this news.

Pretty sure this is very against store policy...
Maybe..... You can contact the developer who republished this app 😉

I am always surprised to see apps like this in the WP store. I thought that apps are reviewed and approved by MS, but there are always sketchy looking apps showing up.
true to certain extent but if this app has been approved by microsoft then I think they also agree that the current WP app really sucks and supporting their previous version might help users..

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashalinia

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
They're approved by machine. They basically check for requirements and any red flag-type behaviors. So it's hard to catch subtleties like mimicked apps or republished xaps. That's why they have the report concerns button... and with this app... some would argue this is piracy, copyright infringement, or plagiarism. The app owner basically stole code or code package (as a xap) and published it under his/her account.

With this, the guy who undiscovered the remnants of the old Xbox Music would be in a bit of trouble... but we let that one slide.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs