BlackBerry Should Jump Ship

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

So, I think it's time that BlackBerry jumps ship. They should continue to make BB10 devices, but those should just be focused on business users.

If they do this, what new OS should they choose? iOS is out of the picture - of course - and Android would be the popular choice, but I think Windows Phone is the right home for BlackBerry. Here is why.

Android is a tough ecosystem to Crack. They might be able to make some money from Android - but security would be a huge concern for them.

With Windows Phone, security is built in. Of course not perfect, but there is a reason we don't have a huge number of anti virus apps.

And Microsoft is all ready a perfect fit for business users, so BB and Windows Phone makes even more sense. And if I was BB I would ask Microsoft if they would allow them to switch out the keyboard for the new BB10 on screen keyboard. It would be a big exclusive for them, and it's probably the only keyboard that is better than Microsoft's.

What do you guys think?

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

So, I think it's time that BlackBerry jumps ship. They should continue to make BB10 devices, but those should just be focused on business users.

If they do this, what new OS should they choose? iOS is out of the picture - of course - and Android would be the popular choice, but I think Windows Phone is the right home for BlackBerry. Here is why.

Android is a tough ecosystem to Crack. They might be able to make some money from Android - but security would be a huge concern for them.

With Windows Phone, security is built in. Of course not perfect, but there is a reason we don't have a huge number of anti virus apps.

And Microsoft is all ready a perfect fit for business users, so BB and Windows Phone makes even more sense. And if I was BB I would ask Microsoft if they would allow them to switch out the keyboard for the new BB10 on screen keyboard. It would be a big exclusive for them, and it's probably the only keyboard that is better than Microsoft's.

What do you guys think?

Erm... Two words: BlackBerry Passport.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I think that is their strategy. Devices catered to their enterprise users. BlackBerry World for productivity apps, and the Amazon Appstore for the fluffy Android games or fart apps. And for those users that want to side load the Snap/Google Play Bar file, you have access to apps built for Android 4.3 or lower or don't require Google Services for it to run.

The Android runtime on BB10.3 is jellybean 4.3. It runs quickly and does run a majority of apps in a self contained sandbox.

Posted via the Windows Phone Central App for Android on a BlackBerry Z30

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
BlackBerry sold out its initial run of Passports rather quickly. Why would they dial back their security to WP, Android or any other OS? The Classic is coming this quarter and the hype in Crackberry land is tepid, but intense. People want their buttons and trackpad back and Chen is giving the customer what they want.

I agree that BB will remain, and should, a niche player catering to the most demanding IT and enterprise customers. If you want security, there's only one option. Hear me now and believe me later:

Guess who still uses a BlackBerry? (A BlackBerry Bold 9900 to be exact)

Michael99uk

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
the question is can Blackberry fully stand on there own in the connected world of devices Windows 10 Yosemite and iOS android and chrome ,I have been thinking about this for a while and I think if blackberry can work with Microsoft they will have a huge chance not only in enterprises market but also consumer market. mind you enterprise need apps to work they use Microsoft office not only security and consumers didn't leave blackberry bcos they were tired of physical QWERTY the left for what is associated with modern.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My eyes hurt after reading that. I think you said that BB is on the outs but they just sold out the Passport in 2 days. There is no IM as secure as BBM and the guys in suits love that. Same goes for email.
Sent from my HTC One M8 for Windows via Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)