MSN Health and Fitness

jovm

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I pinned step count tile but it doesnt update by itself. I have to launch the app to make it to update the tile. Anyone else have same issue?

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why they took away the Health Vault syncing. Health Vault could sync with a lot of other services and devices, like Fitbit for example, which then gave the opportunity for Health & Fitness to be quite powerful. I thought it was a good platform to take on Apples Health Kit. Anyway, seems like that's not the path they want to take.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The live tile doesn't update for me either. It didn't when it was called Bing Health and Fitness either.

Sh0nky

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I haven't been able to successfully record a GPS tracking session since the MSN update. It crashes in the background constantly. I used it every day, now it's a constant source of frustration. Lumia 925, Cyan.

Torrez Maier

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't understand why they took away the Health Vault syncing. Health Vault could sync with a lot of other services and devices, like Fitbit for example, which then gave the opportunity for Health & Fitness to be quite powerful. I thought it was a good platform to take on Apples Health Kit. Anyway, seems like that's not the path they want to take.

Because HealthVault was not synching correctly with Health and Fitness app. It was not recording steps only distance and time. I suppose HealthVault just never worked as intended so it may as well be switched off completely

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I suppose HealthVault just never worked as intended so it may as well be switched off completely

I don't think it is being switched off completely, it's just no longer syncing to the Health & Fitness app.

Could they have fixed Health Vault rather than creating a new solution? I guess in this action MS are saying no, but I wonder if it's because they couldn't, because they don't care or because they have something better planned.

Torrez Maier

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft is such a big organisation it almost seems as if HealthVault was a different entity and in one way it actually is. It was up to healtvault to fix the issue but the relevant team failed to do so therefore I assume this was the reason for dropping support. I actually wonder if healtvault even has a dedicated team any more or that they went on maternity leave in the meantime or something of a kind

Dave47

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I, and others, have reported GPS Tracker issues after the latest Health and Fitness update. Recent app reviews are echoing the comments on Microsoft's Community support site.

So, how does a user know if our friends at Microsoft are aware of these reports. There doesn't seem to be another way of reporting this stuff that I can find.

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm having syncing issues on my Surface Pro 3 with MSN Fitness & Health. I'm 'steps' away in looking for an alternative.

Alabamatick

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
It's also counting less steps that I take daily since it was updated
I've noticed this too, the first few weeks i used it it was fine, now i'm getting nowhere near the same amount of steps, although i'm going to all the same places / same distances, it's very annoying

Edit: oh and the surface tile never updated for me anyway

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I added the step counter (MSN Health and Fitness) to the lock screen. It unfroze live tiles updating. Now it updates regularly but it is sometimes erratic. All in all much better than before where live tiles never updates.

daisy110

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
I've tried Health and Fitness as lock screen but all I get is an orange screen, have uninstalled, soft reset etc. but nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

benoitgphoto

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Yep...when I switch motion data off, all I get is the orange screen without any steps counting. Switching it back on brings the data back. Make sure motion data in phone settings is switched on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo