Difficulty with IE and Bing news

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I did not have any problem before. But now the issues are escalating which become very annoying. I wonder if these issues are caused by os update or some other reasons:

IE - It's very laggy when navigating the websites (especially wpcentral). I wonder if it is caused by os update? I only have problem after update...

screen sensitivity issue - It appears after update as well. My gesture"scroll" was frequently wrongly recognized as tap ( mostly happened in app - bing news).

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I did not have any problem before. But now the issues are escalating which become very annoying. I wonder if these issues are caused by os update or some other reasons:

IE - It's very laggy when navigating the websites (especially wpcentral). I wonder if it is caused by os update? I only have problem after update...

screen sensitivity issue - It appears after update as well. My gesture"scroll" was frequently wrongly recognized as tap ( mostly happened in app - bing news).

Yes, I feel the same. And I believe its the new "chameleon" function that IE can be recognized as IE, Safari or Chrome Webb browser. I hate the fact that no matter what you choose in settings, it always chooses mobile version. I am using a 1520 and the font is silly large. Opera is way more nice to read on then IE currently. But Opera is in beta and far from perfect.

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried soft reset?
Press volume down+ power key until your phone vibrates.
Sent from my dark knight 1320

Yes I did but no luck. I am running the latest WP8.1. Don't you have same problem? Please try website WPCental (very laggy) and App Bing News( high screen sensitivity). Thanks.

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I feel the same. And I believe its the new "chameleon" function that IE can be recognized as IE, Safari or Chrome Webb browser. I hate the fact that no matter what you choose in settings, it always chooses mobile version. I am using a 1520 and the font is silly large. Opera is way more nice to read on then IE currently. But Opera is in beta and far from perfect.

Sounds there's no way to make improvement/ adjustment ourselves. :(

I used to browse WPCentral through IE but now I give up given the laggy experience (barely navigable). I agreed Opera is still far from perfect that I don't consider of.

Just wonder will the "chameleon" function being perfectly utilized along with OS update?

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Sounds there's no way to make improvement/ adjustment ourselves. :(

I used to browse WPCentral through IE but now I give up given the laggy experience (barely navigable). I agreed Opera is still far from perfect that I don't consider of.

Just wonder will the "chameleon" function being perfectly utilized along with OS update?

We can only hope IE and Opera improves, and by reason it should. But Microsoft is making a lot of changes and I see it in W10 Technical Preview also were the browsing experience is also not too good.
A tip if you want to vote at least in any of the WPC polls. Just klick "show in browser" from the app, and when th page loaded, just klick reload and wait a bit you can at least participate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven