Here's Windows 10 on Windows Phone handsets

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I spent about an hour on this, so I hope you like it!
This is my concept for WIndows 10 on phones, so you can all see what it may look like!

I used my Lumia 635 and Paint.NET to make the concept, so I hope you like it

WP_20141012_002.jpg
WP10.png

deejohdumb

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Re: Here's what Windows 10 may look like on phones

I think I would really like it if the design looked like that. Really clean and simple but more efficient use of screen real estate. What about transparent tiles, if the tiles are touch each other how would you differentiate one app from the next?

pedmar007

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site

Love the Cortana look and the Me app, simply beautiful. Can anyone tell me that with all the different renders of WP 9/10 that there's always someone with the ability to come up with a totally encompassing UI that completely annihilates what ANDROID and IOS has avl right now!! My god if MS can't see the goldmine that is WP OS then it truly has no future.

Nokia-Lumia-935-Windows-10-render.jpg

Last edited:

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

YASS @ bigger tiles. I hope this is how they do make it. That "Me" tile is what I really hope is a concept extended to folders. Like I have a folder for all the messengers I use (Skype, WhatsApp, BBM, Viber, FB) and how I wish it gave me notifications like that.

Good job, OP. Some interesting design there. :)

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

I don't think they'll be removing the space between tiles. That's not what their doing with the rest of Windows, and that would also create long term usability issues.

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

This image I've just done shows what Windows 10 could possibly look like on different Windows Phone devices
rqzSXR7.jpg

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
this concept looks better than windows phone 8.1 i do like the wide and large live tiles but im expecting even better design from MS

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

Love the Cortana look and the Me app, simply beautiful. Can anyone tell me that with all the different renders of WP 9/10 that there's always someone with the ability to come up with a totally encompassing UI that completely annihilates what ANDROID and IOS has avl right now!! My god if MS can't see the goldmine that is WP OS then it truly has no future.

View attachment 84392
That is absolutely gorgeous render.. Wow

ronaldme

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Sorry but I don't like your design:

1. Why 4 columns? Tiles will look too small on 4" or smaller phones
2. What happened to the space between tiles? there is an space for some reasons, for example, little tiles are easier to "touch". Without the spaces, it is easer to touch the next tile.
3. Each tile with different background color? what about personalization?
4. Well, the top bar is the only thing I liked.

I love the WP8/8.1 home design because it looks great but because there are some guidelines for usability, the space between tiles, the size of the tiles, the columns, etc.

EDIT: Your design with some modifications, but IMO the Cortana tile is too big:

EJS3zPw.png

pGLyZpB.jpg

Last edited:

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Any such rendering needs to also show landscape mode. That's a feature I've been missing since retiring my jailbroken iPhone. A landscape mode might not be effective on all devices bit it should be an available option.

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I think the concept looks rather beautiful, however the space in between the tiles could maybe increased a little. Apart from that, it's gorgeous!

Avik Biswas

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site

View attachment 84392

now that is some gorgeous design, a little bit of space and it is perfect. specially interactive tile and bigger tile option is what we missing in wp8.1 (..... and a stopwatch :winktongue:) .

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 84392
The answer to your question is twofold. First, it is only your opinion that peoples' renderings are encompassing, etc., etc.. Even with this 935 image, you apparently like phones with camera lens bulges - I would never buy a phone that does not lay flat. Point being your idea of ideal and mine do not match but that does not make either right or wrong. That is a fundamental reality that companies need to address in design. Second, people who do such renderings generally have no experience in coding or device development. As such they have no idea of the real complexity of developing devices and OSs. No offense but they are just pretty pictures. Pondering why Microsoft just doesn't "do it xxxxxx way" completely ignores what is really involved.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Interesting concepts, I like the ideas being tossed around here. There are small things that I don't like about them, but they're interesting nonetheless, and could be brilliant with some nice polish (Which is was MS is there for).

Of course, I think the biggest thing I've learned from this thread is that I had forgotten just how damn gorgeous the Lumia 925 is, and how much I'd love to have a Lumia 935. Exact same specs as the Lumia 930/Icon, but just in the Lumia 925's sexy build. My god, /that/ would be an amazing phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo