CNET: online battles between owners of rival smartphones

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Might have well titled this "AndroidCentral: Windows Phone users must work for Microsoft". Same difference. I've never seen so many carnival barkers who don't give a crap about anything Microsoft,spend so much of their time and ink on it. and Cnet must be in a net click deficit they are running so many of these stories. I only which we would just leave them there and comment on them on CNet.

Darthbobcat

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I hear that. I've gotten to the point that even though I'm not gonna go back to Android, and would never consider an iPhone personally, I don't begrudge people who don't go for Windows Phone.

(Might consider an iPhone if there were no options except for it or Android. It'd be a hard choice; with iPhone, I would have an easier time avoiding Google stuff, so that would probably make the choice for me.)

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Nice attempt in riling up the masses, OP:

The actual quote was the author exaggerating comments in smartphone reviews:

Unsurprisingly, most of the battles between owners of rival devices take place on the Internet: Online reviews and news stories about the latest smartphone are breeding grounds for disdainful comments.

Comments on smartphone stories typically go something like this
: Apple (AAPL, Tech30) lovers are "iSheep." Android lovers have no taste. Windows Phone users must work for Microsoft (MSFT, Tech30). And the journalist who wrote the story is a paid spokesman for whatever gadget he or she is reviewing.

(bolding mine)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Next time I'll try the link before commenting. Can't completely trust the topic titles 'round here. Thanks a5cent.

hedning

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Generation dilemma.
Younger and younger users are getting smart phones today. WP however does not attract the same segment as android and apple, therefore the users of WP are older and probably more well-articulated when presenting/reviewing the phone. Kiddos thinking "oh this dude must be an employee since he is uptight!!"

Last edited:

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
You're an ***** if you like this phone - Oct. 10, 2014

Never seen this before, but people who say that us Windows Phone users work for Microsoft?
Pfft, what is up with peoples anger and annoyance with Windows Phone?

It's a decent mobile platform, and one I've used for 2 years now, and I'm not switching back to either iOS, Android or BlackBerry.

The writer was trying to make a point about how generally people react to people supporting other operating systems, I believe you got it a tiny bit wrong.

But no worries, happens to the best of us. 😀

Generation dilemma.
Younger and younger users are getting smart phones today. WP however does not attract the same segment as android and apple, therefore the users of WP are older and probably more well-articulated when presenting/reviewing the phone. Kiddos thinking "oh this dude must be an employee since he is uptight!!"

As far as segments go, I see younger and older generations using all types of OSes.

And the hate for Windows Phone among Android and iOS users is also found in Windows Phone users against Android and iOS.

One particular case was when Linus Sebastian didn't like Windows Phone: http://youtu.be/c3AgcltUM9s

Maaaan his review got a lot of hate from a lot of the WPCentral community.

CNN is right, most of us defend our favourite OS quite fiercely often giving up objectivity in the process.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The writer was trying to make a point about how generally people react to people supporting other operating systems, I believe you got it a tiny bit wrong.

But no worries, happens to the best of us. ��

As far as segments go, I see younger and older generations using all types of OSes.

And the hate for Windows Phone among Android and iOS users is also found in Windows Phone users against Android and iOS.

One particular case was when Linus Sebastian didn't like Windows Phone:

Maaaan his review got a lot of hate from a lot of the WPCentral community.

CNN is right, most of us defend our favourite OS quite fiercely often giving up objectivity in the process.
That seems to occur no both sides of the spectrum. Those that defend the ecosystem and those trying to tear it a new one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett