Who needs a dedicated app when you have Metro UI!

muneshyne21

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
10 months ago I set out redesigning my mom's really outdated restaurant webpage with a few simple things in mind:

Fun, bright and vibrant colors
Simple & Easy to navigate
Easy to read on small screens
Finger friendly for small touchscreens
Make it feel like an app for phones/tablets

I'm not actually the one that coded the whole thing. I just designed everything from photoshop and gave it to a webdesigner to copy.
Obviously, Windows Metro UI was a huge influence. When you view it on a phone, the tiles reorient themselves. Unintentionally, the mobile page works the best on windows phones :winktongue: My webdesigner used his Android to test everything. The page went live in June.
I am most proud of how it works and looks on a phone. Full web view is perfect on an iPad/Surface Pro 3

Basically for those of you looking for webdesign and app design (For all 4 ecosystems) for your business, you can kill 5 birds with one stone with a carefully planned webpage layout. I do recognize that the webpage may seem the most "awkward" on a PC since everything is adjusted for mobile viewing but those are the pros and cons of budget work like this. Oh yeah, we didn't have a very big budget ( we are still a Mom & Pop kind of restaurant) which is why I did all the imaging work and fed it to a web designer.

I know the design is a little unorthodox in terms of "Normal" webpage design for a restaurant so please be nice in the comments. I recommend viewing it on your phone to see the whole point of the design intentions. It just feels right.

Here is the webpage:
Feast From The East | Los Angeles, CA

Nakia Johnson1

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
10 months ago I set out redesigning my mom's really outdated restaurant webpage with a few simple things in mind:

Fun, bright and vibrant colors
Simple & Easy to navigate
Easy to read on small screens
Finger friendly for small touchscreens
Make it feel like an app for phones/tablets

I'm not actually the one that coded the whole thing. I just designed everything from photoshop and gave it to a webdesigner to copy.
Obviously, Windows Metro UI was a huge influence. When you view it on a phone, the tiles reorient themselves. Unintentionally, the mobile page works the best on windows phones :winktongue: My webdesigner used his Android to test everything. The page went live in June.
I am most proud of how it works and looks on a phone. Full web view is perfect on an iPad/Surface Pro 3

Basically for those of you looking for webdesign and app design (For all 4 ecosystems) for your business, you can kill 5 birds with one stone with a carefully planned webpage layout. I do recognize that the webpage may seem the most "awkward" on a PC since everything is adjusted for mobile viewing but those are the pros and cons of budget work like this. Oh yeah, we didn't have a very big budget ( we are still a Mom & Pop kind of restaurant) which is why I did all the imaging work and fed it to a web designer.

I know the design is a little unorthodox in terms of "Normal" webpage design for a restaurant so please be nice in the comments. I recommend viewing it on your phone to see the whole point of the design intentions. It just feels right.

Here is the webpage:
Feast From The East | Los Angeles, CA

Nice!

Gatusko

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
The metro styleg is awosme because I'm an app dev and I no need to take creating a new design I just follow the desing of metro! Love it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234