[NEW CONCEPT] WINDOWS PHONE 10 - Write a review !

AGVideos

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
EDIT: Can you vote on uservoice ? Thank you very much!
Here------> http://urlz.fr/RUu

Hello everyone !
My previous concept, not bringing a great deal of fonctionalit?s (see my previous concept )
I decided to start over everything

You can then see that I was inspired by this image to design my new concept.:

12538.png

Especially, this concept is there so that I can bring it modifications. Then do not hesitate to express your opinion!

1oxv.png

As you can notice it, I was inspired by the image supplied by Microsoft to recreate this Start Screen.

2587.png

Like the iPhone 6 Plus, the icons (tiles) shall come down downward for the small hands holding one a big screen. The idea is that two movements Downward will make fall the tiles of the top

3bar.png

The orientation of the screen in mode landscape is for me interressant on the big screens.
The interface would be the same that on tablet and on PC.

48bu.png

I thought that to close all the apps by sliding the screen to start downward would be a good idea. Express your opinion.

5fpx.png

For me, "SmartTaskBar" is as a Taskbar on smartphone. That serves has to reveal the applications as on PC and Tablet. Express your opinion.

6ivu.png

And to end, the interactive notifications, it is just essential. And for me, it should be in Windows 10 for smartphone.

My concept in video: ( It is still better ) :cool:

The additions will be made according to your notices, thanks to you ! :smile:

Last edited:

Oliverspin

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
One observation: The SmartTaskBar up-swipe might conflict with the hardware buttons on the phone. Users might accidentally hit the home button when swiping up.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Nice concept again, and it's now more "faithful" to the tile-based user experience.:cool:

Interactive Tile: Nice idea, but the user might run into trouble when trying to scroll through the screen or to launch the app. For the example, it's a music player. The user must then tap very precisely to hit the pause, back, next, etc. icons in the interactive tile. He also needs to tap somewhere else in that tile to launch the app itself. I guess it boils down to implementation, but it's an interesting idea.

I'm not sure what to say about the tiles sliding halfway downward for those with small hands... as it would be difficult to handle the physical device itself already with small hands. Might make it look like there's a lot of wasted screen space. Just my opinion.

Landscape orientation: Excellent!. Been wondering why this is not available in current phones...perhaps it could be taxing the battery since that would mean that the accelerometer is activated more frequently (even in the start screen)?

Multi-task Close All: Now this is brilliant! :cool:

Smart task bar: Also nice.

Interactive notifications: (Are you French?) Nice touch, again. But not all messages are that short, to maybe this would scroll for longer messages? Not sure how this will look like with multiple notifications, as in the current version of the notification center.

Making a prototype would definitely take more time, but I'm guessing you exported these images from some form of prototype. A demo of that prototype would be more informative, but of course that is not required as it might take more effort. In the end, I'm not a UX person, but you have nice ideas and concepts here. :cool:

AGVideos

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Nice concept again, and it's now more "faithful" to the tile-based user experience.:cool:

Interactive Tile: Nice idea, but the user might run into trouble when trying to scroll through the screen or to launch the app. For the example, it's a music player. The user must then tap very precisely to hit the pause, back, next, etc. icons in the interactive tile. He also needs to tap somewhere else in that tile to launch the app itself. I guess it boils down to implementation, but it's an interesting idea.

I'm not sure what to say about the tiles sliding halfway downward for those with small hands... as it would be difficult to handle the physical device itself already with small hands. Might make it look like there's a lot of wasted screen space. Just my opinion.

Landscape orientation: Excellent!. Been wondering why this is not available in current phones...perhaps it could be taxing the battery since that would mean that the accelerometer is activated more frequently (even in the start screen)?

Multi-task Close All: Now this is brilliant! :cool:

Smart task bar: Also nice.

Interactive notifications: (Are you French?) Nice touch, again. But not all messages are that short, to maybe this would scroll for longer messages? Not sure how this will look like with multiple notifications, as in the current version of the notification center.

Making a prototype would definitely take more time, but I'm guessing you exported these images from some form of prototype. A demo of that prototype would be more informative, but of course that is not required as it might take more effort. In the end, I'm not a UX person, but you have nice ideas and concepts here. :cool:

Thank you very much! ;)
Yes it is not a secret, I am French. Not easy to write English but fortunately there is Google translation to help me ;).
I find your very interesting analysis. I actually plan to publish a video after all your comments.
I agree with you on the interactive tiles. But if I replace well following buttons, precedent and break and if I leave some space to reach the application. It would be better.
:cool:

AGVideos

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
One observation: The SmartTaskBar up-swipe might conflict with the hardware buttons on the phone. Users might accidentally hit the home button when swiping up.

Yes, it's true, it is good remark. But I believe that the space between the screen and the buttons can be used to make this sliding, I think.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thank you very much! ;)
Yes it is not a secret, I am French. Not easy to write English but fortunately there is Google translation to help me ;).
I find your very interesting analysis. I actually plan to publish a video after all your comments.
I agree with you on the interactive tiles. But if I replace well following buttons, precedent and break and if I leave some space to reach the application. It would be better. : Cool:

I see. I wanted to study French at one point in my life, but I only had the time for the basics.

Thank you. Will be looking forward to the video, then. In the meantime, let's hope more readers would see this and share their insights. :cool:

Oh, one last comment: Do you think it's still possible to implement transparent tiles in the new Windows 10 concept?

AGVideos

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I see. I wanted to study French at one point in my life, but I only had the time for the basics.

Thank you. Will be looking forward to the video, then. In the meantime, let's hope more readers would see this and share their insights.

Oh, one last comment: Do you think it's still possible to implement transparent tiles in the new Windows 10 concept?
Yes, thank you ;)
Yes, I think that transparentes tiles will still be there in Windows Phone 10. I like this function in Windows Phone 8.1.
In my concept, there is not a real wallpaper but it is always possible the transparent tiles :cool:

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
As I said previously, the philosophy of your concept is basically the same as Android and iOs: Cute little icons for everything. I can't even see any application bars anywhere, they've been replaces by hamburgers, which are way less convenient.

You should build upon what msft has brought us too since 2010. Not build it from scratch again. For example you could extend the functionality of App bars.

AGVideos

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I am not MS, I am a user who wishes to make share his ideas. I do not think of having redone Windows phone for this concept. On the contrary, I was inspired by the image of MS for the Start Screen. Wath is "hamburgers"?
For example you could extend the functionality of App bars
What do you want to say?

KarmaEcrivain94

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I am not MS, I am a user who wishes to make share his ideas. I do not think of having redone Windows phone for this concept. On the contrary, I was inspired by the image of MS for the Start Screen. Wath is "hamburgers"?

What do you want to say?

About hamburgers, I meant the menu on the side (new OneDrive for example). The icon resembles a hamburger :p
I've just realised that actually there aren't any in your concept, I was getting confused with another one. Sorry if my message offended you in any way, just said what I thought (although it was pretty negative. Some of your stuff is pretty awesome, like the start screen, which I love, the multi-tasking system, the interactive notifications, as well as the way you use colors).

EDIT: J'viens de remarquer que je suis pas le seul Fran?ais sur ce forum en fait :p desol? si j'ai tout ?crit en Anglais, j'avais pas fait gaffe auparavant

AGVideos

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Merci ;)
?a me surprend aussi de ne pas ?tre le seul Fran?ais sur ce Forum ! Je ne m'y attendais pas ! :shocked:
Pas de soucie, non ton message ne m'a pas vraiment offens? ;)
D'accord, j'avais pas compris que tu parlais des trois barres de menu, maintenant je saurais qu'on peut dire Hamburger :cool:

AGVideos

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, as I had said it, I do video of my concept. I tried to represent at best the images of my concept for better to understand my ideas ;)
It is here:

Do not hesitate to express your opinion on the functions of my concept.
Thank you ;)

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this video. The fade-in-fade-out transition from launching and app to the actual app launch is an interesting touch, though I hope that the speed will be a bit faster and snappier*.

What happens to the Interactive Notification if the phone is in landscape orientation? And what happened to the network signal strength icon at the upper left of the screen?:cool:

Also, I may have forgotten already, but did you mention something about live tiles? How they flip, how fast they flip, how frequent will they flip...

By the way, regarding the Internet Explorer "logo", you may want to include somewhere in your post that the images and logos are for personal and non-commercial use since certain "laws" prohibit the modification, and use thereof, of company or product logos.:angel:

And, out of curiosity again, we're grateful (at least I am) that you're sharing your ideas here for FREE but, what is your motivation for sharing or creating these concepts?

*- I know the video is about presenting the concepts, not the actual prototype of the OS so we can leave the "snappiness" of the functions to the programmers later.:cool:

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Interactive notifications and "Close all tasks" looks great! Also, interactive tiles would be nice! Great concept, I hope someone from MS will see it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb