WhatsApp tile grayed out

psreloaded

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys.. My WhatsApp tile has suddenly become greater out and clicking on the aap from the list does nothing.. Anybody else facing this?

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
This has happened to me too. The only time it ever happened before was when I installed the Twitter Beta that leaked and wasn't supposed to be available to the public. It used to grey out for a while then start working again. I never found out why.

ArmandMg

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Did someone found a solution? The same is happening to mine. Tried opening from app list and doing soft reset but it didn't fix it. I don't want to uninstall and lose my messages.

sakahn

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that Whatsapp is disabled, grayed out for my device. Even in the store, I cannot see an option to view or share the app, as you normally see for the apps that are installed. Everything else is working fine. Please see the attached screenshots. I hope there is a solution to it. It does not seem to be widespread problem. Additionally, I have been using Whatsapp for less than a year, so the renewal is not due yet.

wp_ss_20141102_0002.pngwp_ss_20141102_0003.png

ArmandMg

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't wait anymore and uninstalled it. After that the options to install and share reappear and you can then install it solving the problem.

Thomas Pagel

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
So any progress on that? Having the same issue... Unfortunately I don't like the idea of reinstalling, I just got a new phone number and I don't know if WhatsApp wants to send me a text message after reinstalling, currently I can't receive text Messages under the number I'm registered with WhatsApp with...

psreloaded

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Yep, the only other time it happened before was with Twitter Beta but it used to give a warning. This app is completely unresponsive.. and store page does not show the view and share button either.

Only solution that worked for me is reinstall. Since it backs up daily. Didn't lose much data.

Its not a renewals issue. Plus I have a lifetime free account.

anon(6092367)

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
The same happened to me a few minutes ago. Before i was using whatsapp without problem but suddenly it grayed out.

So, the only solution for the moment is reinstalling? And the messages that are backed up will reappear?

anon(6092367)

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Ok it worked. But unfortunately the last backup happened last week and I received some important messages on the weekend.. but well, **** happens.

Davidhouse

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Ok,I reinstalled, and found that there is no back up for my msg, and a year of chat record is just gone. That really pissed me off and I've decided to leave windows phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss