Adding Specific Twitter Contacts to a Live Tile

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello Good WPCentral People!

Back in WP 8 I could use People Hub to have a specific twitter contact placed in a group, and I could have that group pinned to my start screen as a live tile. It worked really well. Once 8.1 happened, I lost that feature. I've read that it could still be done and followed to the letter the steps listed (go to people.live.com and remove twitter, go to phone delete app, reinstall app, reconnect from website etc..) to no avail.

So rather than continue this vicious cycle of frustration, I wanted to ask the community if there's a third party app that allows a single twitter user or list to be placed as a live tile. I know I can pin a user, search, or list to the start, but not as a live tile.

No, I'm not stalking someone lol. I spend about 3 hours every day on the freeways here, and our state department of transportation has an excellent twitter presence. Accidents and road restrictions are tweeted within minutes of occurring. It was very handy to be able to just glance at my start screen to see if there was trouble ahead.

Thanks in advance!:smile:

Shafat Ahmad

May 28, 2014
Visit site
u can turn on notifications for whenever there is a new tweet from your favourite followers you will get a notificaton, keeping u up to date with the latest...for that head to settings in official twitter app, tap on the account you are using, tap tweets at the bottom, then slide notifications bar to ON ...u can also select people right there ...if u do not find them, u can visit their profile from ur following list and tap MORE (... three dots) and tap turn On notifications and Done ! Next time, they tweet, u get a ping !

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Shafat. That seems like a good alternative. Getting ready to hit the road, I will set that up before I leave and see how that works.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre