Flashlight alerts for calls and text notification is next big thing needed in WP updates...!!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I can see where some people might like that feature, but it wouldn't be very useful to me, since I wouldn't see any lights while it's in my pocket.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Its better to have flash alerts rather than ringtones when u are involved in meetings !!

thats correct. an option would be good. but, basically, it gets illuminated even if u put it on vibrate mode. just u have to keep the display up (isn't that obvious). flashing rather attracts the whole meeting sometime.

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
I used to have a sony Xperia
a few years back
if I got a missed message or a call
the charging light would flash
blue so I knew there was a
missed call message reminder
can not see why we can not get this on WP

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I used to have a sony Xperia
a few years back
if I got a missed message or a call
the charging light would flash
blue so I knew there was a
missed call message reminder
can not see why we can not get this on WP

Use Glance if your phone supports it...

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
With Lockscreen notifications and enhancements like Glance for Lumias that support it and of course the whole nature of the Live Tile Start screen, I don't see the need for flashing lights. Crucially, my Lumia 930 doesn't have any LEDs to begin with.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
With Lockscreen notifications and enhancements like Glance for Lumias that support it and of course the whole nature of the Live Tile Start screen, I don't see the need for flashing lights. Crucially, my Lumia 930 doesn't have any LEDs to begin with.

The capacitive buttons do have controllable LED's (like when your phone goes dead for some time and you try to charge it up, the Start button blinks to show that the phone is charging before it has enough charge to power up the phone).

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I would rather have an LED light installed/designed into the phone than camera flash. Mainly because of how excessive a camera flash is, not only alerting you but everyone in your general vicinity. That's not mention others who have grown weary over privacy issues today and thinking some random person is taking their photo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte