Instagram / Vine - Will they ever see another update?

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Seems like Microsoft made a backroom deal to throw these guys enough money to get them to make an app only to walk away from it.

Vine being the worst...coming up on a year with no update, lacking features and a lot of bugs.

Instagram - slapped a beta label on it and called it a day...

Is there any news on these two fronts? Is progress being made? Is anyone talking? Or... are we in beta purgatory?

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I think it's a real disgrace. Instagram is owned by Facebook, and we all know they have the resources to make the Windows Phone app. Vine is one of the hottest apps on the market, and both of them fall into the same categories as Wikipedia, Twitter, WhatsApp, Viber, and Skype: ubiquitous. And they should be on every operating system.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Personally, I think you won't see any activity on either front until WP's market share increases. Then, suddenly you'll get a flurry of updates and Instagram and Vine will both be all, "yeah, we've been supporting WP for years..."

anon8957882

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I think it's a real disgrace. Instagram is owned by Facebook, and we all know they have the resources to make the Windows Phone app. Vine is one of the hottest apps on the market, and both of them fall into the same categories as Wikipedia, Twitter, WhatsApp, Viber, and Skype: ubiquitous. And they should be on every operating system.

A Wikipedia app is sorely missed.

anon8957882

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
There is a Wikipedia app.. Even one created by the legendary Rudy Huyn.. It's gorgeous too

I have used that and uninstalled it after sometime as I was not enjoying the interface. And I was talking about an official app.

Rudy must be a great guy as people like his apps but I have not liked any of his apps (all titles starting with 6) as I feel they are ugly and completely alien to WP design language.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Rudy's is the official Wiki app
I have used that and uninstalled it after sometime as I was not enjoying the interface. And I was talking about an official app.

Rudy must be a great guy as people like his apps but I have not liked any of his apps (all titles starting with 6) as I feel they are ugly and completely alien to WP design language.

chrisevans937

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Just sent some feedback to vine about my disgrace for the windows phone app. Rudy hasn't even fixed his 6sec app which pisses me off and it seems like either he doesn't care or he is just abandoning I himself. If your not going to update the app to where it does the functions you say it does, then remove it. No sense of leading people on and the app doesn't function the way its suppose to. This leaves people dissatisfied and want to leave the OS because of no support.

Seems like thinks really aren't getting better in the WP space. Seems like Microsoft keeps taking steps backwards all the wy around the board.

This abandonment by developers is well uncalled for and serves no space in the WP community

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Just sent some feedback to vine about my disgrace for the windows phone app. Rudy hasn't even fixed his 6sec app which pisses me off and it seems like either he doesn't care or he is just abandoning I himself. If your not going to update the app to where it does the functions you say it does, then remove it. No sense of leading people on and the app doesn't function the way its suppose to. This leaves people dissatisfied and want to leave the OS because of no support.

Seems like thinks really aren't getting better in the WP space. Seems like Microsoft keeps taking steps backwards all the wy around the board.

This abandonment by developers is well uncalled for and serves no space in the WP community

Rudy is just one person

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre