Best headphones for Lumia

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I have HTC 8X equipped with beats audio system and also have Beats Mixr and Sol Republic headphones which ensures me GREAT audio experience. But thing is when I use any of those headphones on brothers Lumia 620 I get muddy bass, barely crisp sound which is also a lot weaker than on 8X.

So are there any headphones for Lumia devices that could give me nearly good experience as I have with 8X?

P.S. There is nothing wrong with Lumia 620.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Beats and Sol aren't well-regarded in the audiophile community - precisely for the muddy bass and lack of high-end clarity.
And the Beats I've tested also felt to be made of very cheap materials.
Head down a local proper hi-fi shop (not a best-buy etc) and try a few pairs to see which ones you like.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
For headphones WITH remote, mic and volume control, I would recommend Sennheiser mm 70 s or Sony XBA2VP.

Beats is a marketing gimmick and you pay for just that.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Why paying extra money for beats headphones? Just to be cool?
Like I said, the other big makes sound better for the same price.

Cuz my 8X has beats audio amplifiers so I wanted to pair it with Beats Mixr headphones to get best experience. Sound is powerful just like on iPhone and you get that crushing bass that bumps your head, music just moves you. I don't know why it isn't possible with Lumia devices. Why does not Lumia have some awesome sound amplifiers?

killakiloz

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Cuz my 8X has beats audio amplifiers so I wanted to pair it with Beats Mixr headphones to get best experience. Sound is powerful just like on iPhone and you get that crushing bass that bumps your head, music just moves you. I don't know why it isn't possible with Lumia devices. Why does not Lumia have some awesome sound amplifiers?

It does. Read my earlier post. Lumias come with an audio tab under settings that give you a bunch of preset eq settings (hip hop, bass boost etc) or you can create your own

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I'd recommend the V-MODA range of headphones (I use the M100s, but I've heard good things about the new on-ear, the V-MODA XS). They're not exactly "basshead" headphones, but they do pack a punch and make most music sound fantastic. If you want REAL basshead headphones, try the Beyerdynamic Custom Pro Ones. Probably the bassiest headphones I have ever listened to (and it doesn't sound like listening to music in the janitor's storage either like the Beats do). There are LOTS of bassy headphones out there that don't have that 'underwater' type feel to the music like Beats do - have a look around!!

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think if you're looking for some headphones that are cheap but have incredible sound you should consider the Sony MH1C's. The J cord isn't amazng but the sound you get from these is incredible.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I think if you're looking for some headphones that are cheap but have incredible sound you should consider the Sony MH1C's. The J cord isn't amazng but the sound you get from these is incredible.

Along the line of cheap headphones, the Xiaomi Pistons 2s and the Koss PortaPros are fantastic value for money. Just watch out for fake Pistons on eBay AND Amazon

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
It does. Read my earlier post. Lumias come with an audio tab under settings that give you a bunch of preset eq settings (hip hop, bass boost etc) or you can create your own

Amplifier and Equalizer are not the same thing. For example, iPhone vs Lumia on default sound settings. You can set up volume up to 50% on both and iPhone will give you louder sound while using headphones cuz it has better amplifier than Lumia. IPhone can reach over 100 db while Lumia can nearly 80 db. That's the point.

With equalizer you can only boost some sound frequency parts and it will never be loud as it is on iPhone or devices with Beats audio amplifiers.

Of course there are some headphones that can boost sound drastically, and I haven't found them yet, so I'm asking you guys for your experience with different types of headphones.

killakiloz

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
Amplifier and Equalizer are not the same thing. For example, iPhone vs Lumia on default sound settings. You can set up volume up to 50% on both and iPhone will give you louder sound while using headphones cuz it has better amplifier than Lumia. IPhone can reach over 100 db while Lumia can nearly 80 db. That's the point.

With equalizer you can only boost some sound frequency parts and it will never be loud as it is on iPhone or devices with Beats audio amplifiers.

Of course there are some headphones that can boost sound drastically, and I haven't found them yet, so I'm asking you guys for your experience with different types of headphones.

Gotcha. Still, I don't understand how your Beats headphones aren't loud enough for ya :p. When my Lumia is at volume 30 with those studio beats headphones its wayyy to loud.

alllies

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Try the Aurvana Live 1 and 2 by Creative, no amp needed.
Don't try headphones with propriety Apple chip with your non-Apple ones they won't sound as good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb