09-19-2015 08:04 AM
27 12
tools
    I have HTC 8X equipped with beats audio system and also have Beats Mixr and Sol Republic headphones which ensures me GREAT audio experience. But thing is when I use any of those headphones on brothers Lumia 620 I get muddy bass, barely crisp sound which is also a lot weaker than on 8X.

So are there any headphones for Lumia devices that could give me nearly good experience as I have with 8X?

P.S. There is nothing wrong with Lumia 620.
    11-21-2014 07:25 PM
    It could be the beats audio that is making the difference.
    11-21-2014 07:48 PM
    It could be the beats audio that is making the difference.
    I know that but even with beats audio turned off 8X has better sound quality than any Lumia. Question is, are there any headphones for Lumia devices that can power up sound?
    11-22-2014 06:19 PM
    Beats and Sol aren't well-regarded in the audiophile community - precisely for the muddy bass and lack of high-end clarity.
    And the Beats I've tested also felt to be made of very cheap materials.
    Head down a local proper hi-fi shop (not a best-buy etc) and try a few pairs to see which ones you like.
    11-22-2014 10:18 PM
    I know that but even with beats audio turned off 8X has better sound quality than any Lumia.
    So you've tried ALL Lumia models?
    11-22-2014 10:23 PM
    So you've tried ALL Lumia models?
    I tried on 520, 2x620 and 920. All the same, but maybe 1520 has better audio quality, guess I'll never know.
    Last edited by BataBole; 11-23-2014 at 03:47 PM.
    11-23-2014 01:21 PM
    I use beats studio headphones with my Lumia 830 and it sounds great. Play with your audio settings in the equalizer.
    11-23-2014 01:40 PM
    Why paying extra money for beats headphones? Just to be cool?
    Like I said, the other big makes sound better for the same price.
    jojoe42 likes this.
    11-23-2014 01:42 PM
    For headphones WITH remote, mic and volume control, I would recommend Sennheiser mm 70 s or Sony XBA2VP.

Beats is a marketing gimmick and you pay for just that.
    BataBole and Chris_Germany like this.
    11-23-2014 01:46 PM
    Why paying extra money for beats headphones? Just to be cool?
    Like I said, the other big makes sound better for the same price.
    Cuz my 8X has beats audio amplifiers so I wanted to pair it with Beats Mixr headphones to get best experience. Sound is powerful just like on iPhone and you get that crushing bass that bumps your head, music just moves you. I don't know why it isn't possible with Lumia devices. Why does not Lumia have some awesome sound amplifiers?
    11-23-2014 05:50 PM
    Cuz my 8X has beats audio amplifiers so I wanted to pair it with Beats Mixr headphones to get best experience. Sound is powerful just like on iPhone and you get that crushing bass that bumps your head, music just moves you. I don't know why it isn't possible with Lumia devices. Why does not Lumia have some awesome sound amplifiers?
    It does. Read my earlier post. Lumias come with an audio tab under settings that give you a bunch of preset eq settings (hip hop, bass boost etc) or you can create your own
    dozer167a likes this.
    11-24-2014 11:40 AM
    I'd recommend the V-MODA range of headphones (I use the M100s, but I've heard good things about the new on-ear, the V-MODA XS). They're not exactly "basshead" headphones, but they do pack a punch and make most music sound fantastic. If you want REAL basshead headphones, try the Beyerdynamic Custom Pro Ones. Probably the bassiest headphones I have ever listened to (and it doesn't sound like listening to music in the janitor's storage either like the Beats do). There are LOTS of bassy headphones out there that don't have that 'underwater' type feel to the music like Beats do - have a look around!!
    BataBole likes this.
    11-24-2014 11:53 AM
    I think if you're looking for some headphones that are cheap but have incredible sound you should consider the Sony MH1C's. The J cord isn't amazng but the sound you get from these is incredible.
    BataBole likes this.
    11-24-2014 11:56 AM
    I think if you're looking for some headphones that are cheap but have incredible sound you should consider the Sony MH1C's. The J cord isn't amazng but the sound you get from these is incredible.
    Along the line of cheap headphones, the Xiaomi Pistons 2s and the Koss PortaPros are fantastic value for money. Just watch out for fake Pistons on eBay AND Amazon
    Muessig and BataBole like this.
    11-24-2014 12:00 PM
    Koss are crap. Loud bass but rest is muffled
    11-24-2014 01:16 PM
    Koss are crap. Loud bass but rest is muffled
    Well hey for the price of $30-$40 I struggle to find anything remotely comparable, besides the Xiaomi Pistons. And you'd be arguing with a lot of audiophiles if you say that they're terrible for what they are :P
    11-24-2014 04:05 PM
    Oh they are so cheap now? Ok then fine. But I rather spend 80 and get much better experience. Depends what you want of course...
    11-24-2014 04:17 PM
    It does. Read my earlier post. Lumias come with an audio tab under settings that give you a bunch of preset eq settings (hip hop, bass boost etc) or you can create your own
    Amplifier and Equalizer are not the same thing. For example, iPhone vs Lumia on default sound settings. You can set up volume up to 50% on both and iPhone will give you louder sound while using headphones cuz it has better amplifier than Lumia. IPhone can reach over 100 db while Lumia can nearly 80 db. That's the point.

With equalizer you can only boost some sound frequency parts and it will never be loud as it is on iPhone or devices with Beats audio amplifiers.

Of course there are some headphones that can boost sound drastically, and I haven't found them yet, so I'm asking you guys for your experience with different types of headphones.
    11-24-2014 06:05 PM
    Amplifier and Equalizer are not the same thing. For example, iPhone vs Lumia on default sound settings. You can set up volume up to 50% on both and iPhone will give you louder sound while using headphones cuz it has better amplifier than Lumia. IPhone can reach over 100 db while Lumia can nearly 80 db. That's the point.

With equalizer you can only boost some sound frequency parts and it will never be loud as it is on iPhone or devices with Beats audio amplifiers.

Of course there are some headphones that can boost sound drastically, and I haven't found them yet, so I'm asking you guys for your experience with different types of headphones.
    Gotcha. Still, I don't understand how your Beats headphones aren't loud enough for ya :P. When my Lumia is at volume 30 with those studio beats headphones its wayyy to loud.
    11-24-2014 06:41 PM
    Try the Aurvana Live 1 and 2 by Creative, no amp needed.
    Don't try headphones with propriety Apple chip with your non-Apple ones they won't sound as good.
    11-24-2014 06:55 PM
    Using the same pair of Apple ear buds, my Lumia 1520 is much louder, and mids and highs are a lot more crisp and clear than my iPhone 4s. Of course I'm a firm believer that "audio quality" is all in the ear of the listener.. and is 95% artist/producer and 5% audio equipment.
    BataBole and bo_woods like this.
    11-24-2014 08:18 PM
    Gotcha. Still, I don't understand how your Beats headphones aren't loud enough for ya :P. When my Lumia is at volume 30 with those studio beats headphones its wayyy to loud.
    Because I got used to listen music on my HTC 8X which is lot louder than Lumia ;)
    11-25-2014 01:11 PM
    Senheiser.
    BataBole and Mark Baker3 like this.
    11-25-2014 01:40 PM
    I went with this... Coloud... one of the best in-ear headphones I've used.. period.. at fraction of the cost.. They also have On-ear ones.. Worth checking them out...in my opinion..
    Amazon.com: Coloud 4090666 Pop In-Ear Headphone Transition, Black: Electronics
    BataBole and Madeye234 like this.
    11-25-2014 01:54 PM
    I have HTC 8X equipped with beats audio system and also have Beats Mixr and Sol Republic headphones which ensures me GREAT audio experience. But thing is when I use any of those headphones on brothers Lumia 620 I get muddy bass, barely crisp sound which is also a lot weaker than on 8X.

So are there any headphones for Lumia devices that could give me nearly good experience as I have with 8X?

P.S. There is nothing wrong with Lumia 620.
    Just like others are saying, Beats are not considered to be very good headphones. Most people go for them based on image. Sol Republic is a better choice in that case.

Anyway, back to your Lumia 620 problem, which is most likely based on compatibility. One option that is compatible and recommended for Lumia by the experts I've found online is the LG HBS-700, and it's also very portable which is good with a phone on the go. Or if you want to be completely sure of what you are getting, just get the Monster Nokia Purity WH-920. Personally I use the Audio Technica M50x, but I have a HTC One M8, so I'm not sure if it's compatible with Lumia or not.
    03-20-2015 10:41 AM
27 12