If a game exists on Android and Windows Phone, can I play against the Android user?

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Possible (more like probably) dumb question, but my girl has an Android phone (lost soul). Are there any games we can play against each other? Again go easy on me, I realize this is probably a dumb question but I've never played any smartphone games before but she insists.

FinancialP

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
If a game exists on Android and Windows Phone, can I play against the Android...

Not a dumb question at all. Yes this is possible. The problem is finding multiplayer games that exist on Windows Phones that is capable of it.

Words with friends is one.

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: If a game exists on Android and Windows Phone, can I play against the Android...

Thanks for being cool and understanding about it. We'll try that one out.

If anyone else has any recommendations on some cool games I can play with my goofy Android girl please do.

PetrFodor

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
If devs integrate own solution or e.g. Google Play Game services, it's possible. Usually devs connect android and ios gamers together (e.g. in QuizUp) because it's not very easy. Would recommend to check big creators of social games as Zynga or King (Candy Crush Saga...)

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Some games I suppose you could. There are games which you can't, however. One of those where you can't is Star Wars: Commander. There has been a lot of angst over the fact that iOS and Android users can play together but Windows/WP user's cannot. Windows/WP have their own servers. I read around on their forums and was told by a mod that the reason this is done is not so much a technical problem (getting linux and windows servers to talk to each other is certainly possible) but rather a matter of legality and security. "That's the way the contract was setup" I was told.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It is very possible. It depends on the developer.

I play Star Wars Commander and it isn't cross platform. They did have Star Wars: Assault Team that was cross platform but this game has been discontinued. Since that game was cross platform, I don't buy their legality/security excuse for the reason that Commander isn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3