Xbox music horror

frostphase

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Haven't used it before but I decided to grab a couple of the free albums and when I went into my collection there were nearly 500 albums in there. Couldn't delete from the phone so I did it from the computer. Deleted all of them. Went back to phone and they're still there! How do I get rid of this madness? I only want the few albums I got from the music deals. Anyone know?

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. If you were to use a file manager and search your device, does any of those albums show? Also have you exited the app since deleting the albums? You may have to soft reset your device as well.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You might find metadata for each album in Hidden subfolders in the Music folder.
Connect the phone to a PC with a USB cable, browse to the phone's Music folder, change Explorer settings to view Hidden folders and check in there. Deleting the items in the Hidden folders should remove them from view.

Then get an iPod.

I see XBM is still a joke.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
The easiest way to do this is to get those free albums on your PC with the Xbox music app. With a USB cable move the songs you want on your phone.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I think I know this issue with Xbox Music. I have loads of music on my 920 and 810 (on the SD card, of course). Meanwhile, I have no music saved at all on my 925. However, sometime after updating to 8.1 via the developer's preview, I noticed that certain albums show up on it (under "Streaming"). Funny thing is that I don't stream from Xbox Music and it also showed at least one album I don't even have on my other two phones. Very odd indeed.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
You might find metadata for each album in Hidden subfolders in the Music folder.
Connect the phone to a PC with a USB cable, browse to the phone's Music folder, change Explorer settings to view Hidden folders and check in there. Deleting the items in the Hidden folders should remove them from view.

Then get an iPod.

I see XBM is still a joke.

Xbox Music may be buggy, but I'd still rather use it than iTunes.

All that being said, I miss Zune on WP7...

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I think I know this issue with Xbox Music. I have loads of music on my 920 and 810 (on the SD card, of course). Meanwhile, I have no music saved at all on my 925. However, sometime after updating to 8.1 via the developer's preview, I noticed that certain albums show up on it (under "Streaming"). Funny thing is that I don't stream from Xbox Music and it also showed at least one album I don't even have on my other two phones. Very odd indeed.
Very odd indeed how Microsoft can't get it together with this app. The issues with it are so bizarre that is hard to keep track of them.

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I was downloading new albums through Music Deals. Xbox music on my phone crashed after every song. I downloaded around 800 songs. :|

darkoman4

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It is showing all your music in collection that it actually uploaded info from your PC. You did it once when you opened Music App on your windows 8 PC. Nothing to worry about as this music is not stored on your phone. You can simply switch in your phone music app from all/ local/ sd/ streaming whichever you want. Find the albums you purchased and download them to your phone. Let app see only your local music files and you should be fine

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Xbox Music may be buggy, but I'd still rather use it than iTunes.

All that being said, I miss Zune on WP7...

The great and amazing ZUNE is still available, as a free software download, for PCs. It runs on XP, Windows 7, and 8.1. It syncs with and streams from my Xbox Music and Video. Great podcast handling. I bought a movie on my Xbox 360 and shows up on Zune on my PC and on my Windows Phone 8 Xbox Video, to be watched. Amazing curated playlists of music too, on the Zune PC software.

frostphase

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna try looking for the hidden files and I'll try switching the streaming setting off and report back. Thanks for all the help everyone.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Haven't used it before but I decided to grab a couple of the free albums and when I went into my collection there were nearly 500 albums in there. Couldn't delete from the phone so I did it from the computer. Deleted all of them. Went back to phone and they're still there! How do I get rid of this madness? I only want the few albums I got from the music deals. Anyone know?

In the Xbox app in Windows, go to preferences and turn off "Automatically add matched songs to your cloud collection" and on the phone change the view from show all music or show streaming to just on your phone. Do not, however, just delete all of the items. Unless they have changed the fall back updates in the past year that can result in deletions from both the cloud and the source PC particularly if the setting noted above is active....

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I was downloading new albums through Music Deals. Xbox music on my phone crashed after every song. I downloaded around 800 songs. :|

If your phone really crashed after each of 800 songs, 1) someone has a bit of an OCD problem to keep repeating the obvious, and 2) you should probably contact tech support....

hs k

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
If your phone really crashed after each of 800 songs, 1) someone has a bit of an OCD problem to keep repeating the obvious, and 2) you should probably contact tech support....

Naah, I kinda over exagerrated it. After the first few times, I downloaded them on my Laptop and syncd everything over.

Yeah, while getting the list, it crashed many times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12