App for learning from lock screen

pocison

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
App is now available in store. You can find it under "Dicty - Learn from Lockscreen" name or with this link: Dicty App. Any feedback appreciated :)

Get inspiration, have fun and learn from dictionaries displayed on your lock screen with Dicty! There are dictionaries from various categories like education, languages, health, traveling and others.

Dicty is a free and simple app that allows you to choose dictionary with terms that will be displayed in form of text and wallpaper on your lock screen. Terms on lock screen are changing automatically, so you can get fresh knowledge and inspiration every time you unlock your smartphone.

Features:
  • Browsing categories of dictionaries
  • Choosing dictionary to learn from
  • Learning terms by browsing them in app
  • Learning terms on lock screen during unlocking phone
  • Creating own dictionaries that are visible to other users
  • Removing own dictionaries

------

Old Post:

I'm currently creating app that enables to choose dictionaries of terms, that will be presented in form of image and text on lock screen. Terms from choosed dictionary will be changing continuously and we will be able to learn new things by doing what we would do anyway (that is unlocking our smartphone).

I wanted to ask you for opinion about the app and what kind of knowledge (dictionaries) would you like to see? App will be for free and I count on your opinions in order to create the best possible solution ;-) I was thinking about different dictionaries types like:
  • Health advices, Meals suggestions
  • Lifestyle and Fashion suggestions
  • Humorous gags and jokes
  • Curiosities and riddles
  • Motivational and personal development advices/quotes and/or tasks
  • Places to visit and discover
  • Business and marketing rules/advices
  • Most frequently used words from different languages
  • Other?
I want to create app with usefull terms and images. Which are the most appealing for you or maybe you have your own suggestions? Thanks :smile:

Last edited:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
the option to choose a wallpaper might be nice, but it could fly in the face of the purpose of the app. (your call)

I think something I'd use would be for characters from a language (such as hiragana, katakana (Japanese), or hangul (Korean)) and the corresponding sound.
Maybe even a small blurb of a grammatical rule.

Maybe if you also put in the work to allow user created content. (whether made by someone in the community, or just a personal feature.)
Maybe you could hook into flashcard services like Quizlet!

This is actually a great idea. I'm impressed.

TechmeIN64

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
I think having a choice for a random fact of the day (or hour or whatever amount if time you choose) would be cool. Kinda like what Snapple has on their bottle caps. They are always fun to read and lighten up the day. As long as there is no lag, I would totally use this app. Good idea. Also like what xandros wrote, being able to load a quizlet in would be awesome for passive studying.

pocison

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for advice! I will think about Quizlet (I will ask more people as well). I like idea about interesting facts. Unfortunately it is not possible to load sound on lock screen as far as I know...

pocison

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
App is now available in store. You can find it under "Dicty - Learn from Lockscreen" name in store or with this link: Dicty App. Any feedback appreciated :)

Attachments

• LogoWithName200.png
    LogoWithName200.png
    5.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss