Why aren't MS having a go at O2 for missing out WP on the UK TV ads for Priority?

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
*** HERE COMES A RANT AT MS MARKETING ***

Just noticed a new (well first time I've seen it) "O2 Priority" advert on UK TV which looked quite cool - the one with the cat and headset.

At the end of the ad the usual logos appear - i.e. app available for Apple & Google, but there's no mention of the Windows Phone app? I know an O2 Priority app exists for WP as I use it every week, so why was it missed out.

Also more to the point, why isn't someone from MS Marketing Team in the UK calling up O2 and getting them to fix this? I'm forever sending emails / posting on company forums when they miss out the WP app (just posted this msg over at O2 and did the same for Addison Lee who forgot to mention the WP app), but why aren't MS doing this to help promote the brand???

One of the things people complain about is the lack of apps, well MS Marketing should ensure the apps are actually promoted when they do exist!

*** RANT OVER ***

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Could be any number of reasons, most likely is that MS haven't put their hands in their pockets at paid to be included.
Same for Barclays, they have an excellent Banking app for WinPhone however they don't promote it on any of their adverts only iOS & Android.

If WinPhone can get the numbers I'm sure all major companies will change their tune, but while WinPhone hangs around the single digits for the most part it's not in their interests to jump on board. Hopefully with the changes MS are bringing on-board especially with the locked-down Store idea for Win10, WinPhone might have a fighting chance.

G.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Cheers, but maybe I'm being a bit naive... do they have to pay to include their app store logos? I assumed that the originating companies would want to promote various entry points of customer experience, so asking a company to promote their app would seem a bit self-defeating?

Either way, MS does need to push harder with the promotion of apps when they do actually exist.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Wow - O2 just updated their Priority app today. Looks really good - maybe on par with iOS and Android, I don't know as don't use those OSs. But it does have Cortana support!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos