Tom Warren confirms there is a Lumia 1030

Qtweeder

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
am i the only one who finds the title of this thread a tad misleading?

edit: note to self....read the post immediately above before posting something similar

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm these images are of a real microsoft prototype. But it will not come to market. Tom Warren is a very trustworthy source. Also, the OS version is too old- probably from early July, before McLaren was cancelled. My guess is that one prototype was not properly disposed when McLaren was cancelled and ended up in the hands of a leaker.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to make any assumptions, Microsoft can make weird decisions.

That said, I hope we see at least 1 solid high-end phone to launch with Windows 10. It could be the 'new 920' - i.e. a device that will be sent to most carriers (and compatible with all - e.g. WIND Mobile), capable, reasonably priced, etc.

I'm not going to expect anything, but let's hope.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I believe that this leaked phone WAS McLaren, which was Cancelled. I do NOT believe that this is a leak of the 1030. The McLaren from what has been said was to be a 3d touch interface focused phone, not a camera centric phone. Tom Warren said that this leaked phone did not have a 50mp camera, but more in the range of 20ish which would line up with what we do know about the McLaren.
The OS is an older build, even the design language of the phone is of an older style (think 920,1020,1520) not the newer design language of the 930,830.

I think we might see a 1030 sometime next year, although I would not be surprised if it follows the next generation series into the xx40 line.

Kinda disappointed, but it is, what it is.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I believe that this leaked phone WAS McLaren, which was Cancelled. I do NOT believe that this is a leak of the 1030. The McLaren from what has been said was to be a 3d touch interface focused phone, not a camera centric phone. Tom Warren said that this leaked phone did not have a 50mp camera, but more in the range of 20ish which would line up with what we do know about the McLaren.
The OS is an older build, even the design language of the phone is of an older style (think 920,1020,1520) not the newer design language of the 930,830.

I think we might see a 1030 sometime next year, although I would not be surprised if it follows the next generation series into the xx40 line.

Kinda disappointed, but it is, what it is.
According to Tom Warren and Neowin the McLaren Duo were intended to succeed both the 1020 and the 1520

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss