Tom Warren confirms there is a Lumia 1030

monzki

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Not so long ago there were leak images of Lumia 830. Then Tom Warren posted on twitter that the leaks are fake. We all know what happened after. :smile:

Fast forward today, a lot of us are excited with leaked images of the Lumia 1030. Now Tom Warren again declares that these are fake and it's not the Lumia 1030. Deja vu?

Don't call me crazy or stupid but this pretty much confirms that the leaked images is the upcoming Lumia 1030 (finally!)

Heck even Daniel thinks the Lumia 1030 leaked images are real

So what do you think guys?

I am actually decided to switch to a HTC or MotoX Android phone, but after seeing the Lumia 1030 leaks, I am going to wait for it first. :grin:

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Not so long ago there were leak images of Lumia 830. Then Tom Warren posted on twitter that the leaks are fake. We all know what happened after. :smile:

Fast forward today, a lot of us are excited with leaked images of the Lumia 1030. Now Tom Warren again declares that these are fake and it's not the Lumia 1030. Deja vu?

Don't call me crazy or stupid but this pretty much confirms that the leaked images is the upcoming Lumia 1030 (finally!)

I am actually decided to switch to a HTC or MotoX Android phone, but after seeing the Lumia 1030 leaks, I am going to wait for it first. :grin:
Those leaked pictures were pictures of the McLaren which was cancelled

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I believe my gut feeling : no 50MP, no 1030. Or to be more specific: I don't believe that prototype is the 1030. I'm not saying there won't be a 1030; instead, I hope there will be one.

I don't need Tom to judge that this prototype (all the more with unverified specs, like 50MP camera) is probably a fake (or mistaken, like McLaren proto which was canceled).

Wait & see ^_^

monzki

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm all in with an updated 1020 no matter what they call it.

Better camera
Latest processor (cpu and gpu) for a lot faster image capture and processing
Faster focus
A lot longer battery life.

:smile:

Nicholas Maguire

May 28, 2014
Visit site
On the tweet you linked to he was saying that the render photo where the back of the device says "Nokia by Microsoft" is fake. He wasn't claiming that the 830 leaks itself were fake. He was correct, the back of the 830 does not say "Nokia by Microsoft".

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Your premise is faulty...

If one pic (of an 830) is declared fake by Tom Warren that does not mean that all fake pics are of devices coming to production.

It just means the real pic of 830 was not leaked... or if it was he did not address it on Twit.

​You are trying to hold moonbeams in your hand.

Brian McMahon

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
The prototype shows MS is still looking at integrating the camera tech, still to be seen whether we will see a true successor to the 1020 next year. I can't see them give up on the imaging side which Lumia is renowned for.

Hopefully next year something happens, it needs to anyway. I've just ordered a Panasonic Lumix dmc-cm1 which only enforces the fact there are some phone manufacturers who think this particular segment of the market is worthwhile.

monzki

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Your premise is faulty...

If one pic (of an 830) is declared fake by Tom Warren that does not mean that all fake pics are of devices coming to production.

It just means the real pic of 830 was not leaked... or if it was he did not address it on Twit.

​You are trying to hold moonbeams in your hand.

My suspicion holds weight. McLaren is rumored to be the successor of Lumia 1020.

If Tom says a part is fake, it doesn't mean everything is fake. The leaked images portrays a Lumia 1020. A camera-centric phone, as a proof of the circular bulge at the back. Even Daniel reported it to have a xenon flash.

So if Tom really says this is not the Lumia 1030, then why would it both have a LED and Xenon flash.

I think McLaren (internal) is the Lumia 1030 (public). Bottomline, internal naming is not really important for consumers as long as we got the Lumia 1030. I believe that the leaked images is the Lumia 1030 prototype.

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

Did he actually confirm it, because if he didn't then can you rename your thread headline to something more appropriate than the 'clickbait' it so obviously is.

thanks

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did he actually confirm it, because if he didn't then can you rename your thread headline to something more appropriate than the 'clickbait' it so obviously is.

thanks

Tom Warren Denies That Recently Leaked Pics Are a 1030 Prototype, But I'm Perversely Stubborn and a Conspiracy Theorist In My Spare Time So I Choose To Believe Tom Warren Is In Actuality Covering Up The Truth and The Leaked Pics Really Are Of a Prototype 1030 Despite The OVERWHELMING Evidence To The Contrary and I Have Made It My Mission To Warn Everyone That Tom Warren Is Hiding The 1030 From Us in Plain Sight.

I don't think that fits in the space allotted for thread titles...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss