Windows Phone update getting Slower(Firmware)

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I means their was time when even lowest Lumia 520 get faster update than any Android Flagship devices.
Now not only Android flagship devices getting faster update than any Windows Phone but even Low end phone like Moto G(2014 &2013 both version).

Don't you guys think Android devices are getting faster updates and WP getting slower?

(I am not talking about Developers Preview here)

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
It's all the companies. Microsoft releases dev preview every 3 or so weeks. Release edition, however, makes available every half year. It's die to MS and Google using different languages. Google uses Java and Linux, which had its bugs, and besides, Java gets an update every week. WP is programmed in C/C++, with the NT kernel. That is a little more stable. Plus, Microsoft had to optimize Windows phone for the 512 Mb ram devices.

(correct me if I'm wrong.)

her3814

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I think that you don't need constant updates.. You need an stable OS .. Sometime ago windows phone had lots of updates because there were lots of things missing so every update brought those things but now there aren't too much things to add so now you have an slower update...

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
It's all the companies. Microsoft releases dev preview every 3 or so weeks. Release edition, however, makes available every half year. It's die to MS and Google using different languages. Google uses Java and Linux, which had its bugs, and besides, Java gets an update every week. WP is programmed in C/C++, with the NT kernel. That is a little more stable. Plus, Microsoft had to optimize Windows phone for the 512 Mb ram devices.

(correct me if I'm wrong.)

I don't know about languages but one thing I know is that updates are getting slower and slower and Android devices getting faster and faster updates.(but we still get 3 years support vs only 2 years in Android)

About quality and optimization.

512RAM devices still have performance issues since Wp8.1
IE crashes very often. Music, video are very slow etc.
I don't see any quality here

I didn't notice any performance improvement in firmware update( I updated my device through Nokia Service Centre more like flashed my device).
and Neither we get any firmware update feature.

So, I doubt about quality here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)