Minecraft Pocket Edition now available for WP

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
AT&T US here, downloaded and installed fine from the link above.

I created a world - very smooth on my 1520 but sucks the battery down like it's going out of style (many games do as well). The gameplay is spot on w/ the other MC:pE releases. In bonus news, I was able to connect to MC:pE 0.10.4 on an iPad Mini, so multiplayer is working fine as well. So much for getting any more work done today =D

Gonna look into modding now :)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Why pay $6.99 when it is still alpha?
Pocket Edition version history - Minecraft Wiki

I bought the android version in 2012 and it was in alpha .. Still in alpha .. WTH

People bought full PC Minecraft when it was in Beta and whatnot.
If its still being developed and is playable (and fun), do you care what version it says it is?
Seems like a finished product to me for the most part. (ignoring missing features, I mean in terms of polish)

Yazen

Banned
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
People bought full PC Minecraft when it was in Beta and whatnot.
If its still being developed and is playable (and fun), do you care what version it says it is?
Seems like a finished product to me for the most part. (ignoring missing features, I mean in terms of polish)

Fun is subjective.

Maybe I'm just not proficient with touch screens, because I am way more productive with other inputs lol.

Keyboard/Mouse > Gamepad > Touch screen

P.S - I know for a fact I was playing this game before anyone else on this thread.
Was playing/testing before classic was named classic..

Still a fan of the concept, and I hope the Microsoft buyout will accelerate future development.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Fun is subjective.

Maybe I'm just not proficient with touch screens, because I am way more productive with other inputs lol.

Keyboard/Mouse > Gamepad > Touch screen

P.S - I know for a fact I was playing this game before anyone else on this thread.
Was playing/testing before classic was named classic..

Still a fan of the concept, and I hope the Microsoft buyout will accelerate future development.

Which is why I said "if".
IF its playable and fun to the player...

P.S. I know for a fact that I have more posts than anyone in this thread therefore I am the best and am most qualified. /s

Yea, touchscreen input only goes so far, but eh, gotta make do I suppose. It becomes a pain trying to strafe when shooting some RPG guy or escaping a mob.

I'm just hoping good things happen.
Yes I know good is indeed subjective.

EuroKnuter

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
if i buy this game and they do the game universal, i keep the game on my Surface RT? (example)

If you buy the game on the phone, AND it converts to universal (i.e. there's no separate app to purchase), then yes - you will be able to install it on Win 8.x (a surface RT as an example).

Hope that helps, and I'm also hoping it just 'goes' universal - but you never know :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss