What if there is in fact no 1030

ishaan_666

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Tom Warren recently tweeted that there is no device called Lumia 1030 currently in development..
What if that's just a play on the words?
Now we know the next flagship is due to arrive with Windows 10 launch, and being a new version of the OS, the series of phones running it should be numbered x40
So there might never be a 1030 to ever come out, but a 1040 could be a possibility for the near future

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
What if they stop using numbers? What if they release a proper flagship and not a niche device like a 1020? Why does it have to be a 1030 or 1040? Maybe they'll release more than one phone? Maybe they'll never release another large camera phone. Who knows?

You can speculate to the cows come home. The pictures that were probably 'leaked' were most likely the McLaren.

All this speculation on non existent phone is just silly.

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
As far as I know Nokia always avoiding number 4 in every products that they have. If this tradition passed to Microsoft, maybe next device (after x30) could be x50. But I still think there must be 1030, 1330 & 1530 before Windows 10 released. So be patient, they say it wouldn't be released before May '15, so the rest of Lumia x30 series would be announced before that day.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Nothing is being announced before W10. As for the 4 it's no longer Nokia's choice or care.

But I say watch this space. I think we'll see something different.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It would be crazy not to have successor for the 1020

Why? There's no indication at all that it was a top selling device. It would be more beneficial to have a good flagship device that everyone would like and have the 1020 successor, whatever that is, as a secondary device.

Nothing wrong with having a nice camera but most people just want a nice thin phone with great battery and good pictures. There's nothing wrong with a 1020 but not everyone wants that.

Willie Conaway

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
No it wasn't, what else do Microsoft have when it comes to phones. The camera is something they have to brag about why not make a successor that has the resolution or better of the 1020 and can snap pictures as fast as the iPhone 6 and really market it even though it didn't sale when people see my 1020 they ask about it so there are people who are interested.

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has discussed a desire to simplify and streamline the lineup, I could see them focusing more on devices like the 930 and 1520, general flagships with very good camera optics than a niche device like the 1020

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
they clearly stated that they were interested in producing more 1020 like phones.

Jo Harlow, the current Corporate Vice President of the Phones Business Unit at Microsoft, was asked by TechRadar if a future phone from the company could have a camera with the power of the Lumia 1020. The response from Harlow? "Absolutely – we're not end of the mission in camera technology, or in computational photography. We continue to invest in that area to bring the next greatest thing in high end imaging."

Camden Krupala

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft has discussed a desire to simplify and streamline the lineup

I guess discussing is as far as they got, because the crazy number of low-end variants is getting ridiculous. And there are supposedly more on the way. I would be okay (just okay) if they released a flagship (no "affordable" "flagships") on a yearly basis. That would be alright.

James Edge

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
If the is no 1030 or at least a 935 in the next six months I'm going to be quite annoyed, I want to upgrade from my 920 however the 830 lacks an improved camera and the 930 being a rebranded icon contains some of the cost cutting Verizon asked for and so lacks some of the features of the 920/830.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs