Who wants this? W10 Flagship "Surface Phone"

Grand Occultist

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys,
I have been looking for an upgrade to my 1520, for 6 months or so.
I have been thinking for a while now i would really like to see a Microsoft surface Phone.

I love my surface pro 3 (and before that the pro 2) but sometimes i just cannot carry something that large around with me if i am not in meetings etc. I have a Lumia 1520 but inputing data on it quickly is a pain.

I would love a 6" phone, magensium alloy and surface pro styling (well this is optional) But for it to have a stylus and a full features one note integration with it. Sort of like the Note 4. But full microsoft.

I think this would be a perfect phone, of course people do not have to use it with a style, a lot of note users do not use the stylus. But it gives options for people.

I always have my phone on me, but sometimes the surface is left in the office etc. Being able to scribble notes on the road would be epic!

Who else thinks this is a great idea? Obviously people who do not like big phones will not like the idea, but with the growing trend for phablets, i think this is a great oppurtinity for MS to take.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the Lumia division would be engineering this device so it would have that "Nokia" quality. A surface phone has been fantasized about ever since the first Surface model was announced. I myself would love one however I don't agree with a six inch phone. A phone is a phone and should be able to be used comfortably with one hand which with my hands is no more than five inches (and I have pretty big hands) of course others have differing opinions so it would be interesting to see how they would play this aspect out if they were to make this device a reality.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I imagine if Microsoft is going to finally do a Surface Phone, they'll release it in a mainstream form factor. Like 5", maybe 5.2" max. If it sells well you might see a 6" version...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I imagine if Microsoft is going to finally do a Surface Phone, they'll release it in a mainstream form factor. Like 5", maybe 5.2" max. If it sells well you might see a 6" version...

At that point they should just stick to the five inch form factor and release a smaller Surface tablet. They would technically be following in Apple's footsteps but **** it worked right?

astraith

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to see it. Honestly, not everyone like plastic and the styling of the Lumia. To make a Surface phone makes sense now since it won't compete against Nokia.

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Case material is low on my spec list. Far higher is a 6" screen with processor speed high enough to handle real software when the phone is docked. As the Surface transformed the laptop, Surface phone would transform the phone if it had the above.

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Wow! Very nice presentation. I just don't see a keyboard that small being useful. Maybe it could be a bifold affording a larger area for the keys.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Wow! Very nice presentation. I just don't see a keyboard that small being useful. Maybe it could be a bifold affording a larger area for the keys.

A surface phone keyboard could actually be very useful if they make it in sturdy enough way where it can support the phone. It could then be used like an old fashioned phone with physical keyboard, except this keyboard can be snapped off... I even made thread about how it would indeed work...

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
No. Magnesium is heavy and has a cold feel. Also it lacks color.

I want high quality plastic in amazing colors. Aka L920.
the Surface brand has this weird double edge to it - the professionalism of the Pro chassis and the kindergarten colours of some of the type cover accessories. if they did decide to do a phone, i reckon they should stick to professionals, leave the Skittles colours for the Lumias.

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I still think a Surface Phone & Surface Phone XL should be Microsofts flagship phone line, and that Lumia should be strictly a budget phone brand, making devices that hit competitive price points getting as many new smartphone users around the world,and budget users period onto Windows

Topataco

May 26, 2014
Visit site
the Surface brand has this weird double edge to it - the professionalism of the Pro chassis and the kindergarten colours of some of the type cover accessories. if they did decide to do a phone, i reckon they should stick to professionals, leave the Skittles colours for the Lumias.

Kindergarten colors? Have you not seen the black/red/navy/purple covers for the pro 3? They sure as heck don't scream look at me I'm a skittles wannabe to me. A surface phone /could/ work if it had bo_woods' idea about a detachable sturdy magnesium alloy keyboard or something similar to the keyboard on old Sidekicks. Imagine that one wierd Sony tablet where the screen slid up to reveal the keyboard, but on a 5.5" phone with an integrated stylus a la surface pro. I'd sell a kidney just to get my hands on one of those if it existed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)