Facebook messenger app greyed out

aleks88h

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Today, when I recieved a message on Facebook Messenger, the tile suddenly went grey, and nothing happened when I pressed the tile. Also, I can't launch the app from the app list. Restarting the phone did nothing to change this. Despite this though the app still gives me notifications, and the live tile even updates to tell me I have a new message. Anyone know whats going on?

Running the latest version of the app on a Lumia 920 with WP 8.1.

WIN_20141215_182040.JPG

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Try seeing if you can uninstall the app from either the app list or the storage sense app, then try reinstalling from the store.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
That is odd... The only time I've seen grayed out tiles is when restoring a phone (while apps are still downloading) or when my SD card was removed temporarily (apps installed on missing SD get grayed out)

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had this happen before. I think it's something to do with the phone backing up because it fixed itself after I manually backed up my phone's settings (Settings > Backup > Apps+Settings > Back up now).

Eight Ace

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I've had this happen to me twice within the past week or so. The first time I thought it might fix itself so I just used normal facebook for the rest of the evening but the next morning it was still the same,. As you say, restarting doesn't help so both times I have had to uninstall it and download it again which is extremely annoying because all your settings restore to default. I love the Windows phone but there are some bloody stupid glitches like this that makes you wonder if they even bother testing these programs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)