Swarm: how do I add a new place to check in?

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
They seem to have deprecated the feature, more focused on checking into existing businesses. Too many people were using the old functionality to create duplicate entries, or location entries for their houses or street corners, parking spaces, etc and Foursquare wanted to discourage that apparently

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
It's possible. I've added two venues in the last week, from my phone. You add it in Foursquare, then in Swarm you have to search for it.

You can also create a place on your phone by going to leave a tip, searching for the place (this step is important!), and then if you can't find it, scroll down to the bottom of the list and click "Add this place?"

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It's possible. I've added two venues in the last week, from my phone. You add it in Foursquare, then in Swarm you have to search for it.

You can also create a place on your phone by going to leave a tip, searching for the place (this step is important!), and then if you can't find it, scroll down to the bottom of the list and click "Add this place?"
I cannot even get the Foursquare app to install since it updated. It throws an error about my network, even though my network is fine.

I don't care about Foursquare anymore anyway, since Mayorships are gone. Being a Mayor was the only reason I used the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon