Windows Central Is *NOT* the place for Android or iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaceNik

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
As the name of the site would suggest, Windows Central, is a place to discuss Windows and it's products, applications and services.

But undoubtedly Microsoft and it's supporters can't hide from the world and Android or iOS will undoubtedly creep into many threads, intentionally or unintentionally.

For those of you that have genuine questions regarding whether to get a Windows Phone or Android/iOS product, on behalf of many people in this community, do not consult only this "one" forum. Your mobile nations passport will work on both iMore and Android Central.

Like on any other site, people here would tend to be a bit biased, some of them that would go crazy over the idea that someone prefers any other operating system over Windows Phone, and that is normal because this would also happen on iMore or Android Central.

But from among that bias, you'll often find that some people on this site will bravely and without giving a second thought give a statement that may turn out to false, they might not even admit their mistake later onward. Again, this also happens on iMore and Android.

So if you are in the market for an Android, iOS or Windows Phone(maybe even Blackberry) get adequate information, discuss it on the many forums available for each respective OS and make one of the best decisions of your life.

This may help on cutting down the flame wars that go on in the forums.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Good luck with that.

Thing to keep in mind there are many of us on here that are multi platform, including some of the mods and ambassadors.

I think people who come here to ask the question are doing so probably coming from another platform and are genuinely asking the question. We also get those who come here purposely just to start wars.

It's all in how you look at things. Don't get involved in the thread if it bothers you.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't disagree more. The free exchange of ideas and information is the cornerstone of any community. You may not like what you hear (read) sometimes but if there isn't an opposing point of view, there is no progress. It is very easy to "weed out" the users who you feel are always flaming as I have learned.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Actually, The only place I see mention of the lower two lifeforms called IOS and Android are in the forum is here in phone wars. The only place it should be. If multi platform users what information there is android central and whatever the crapple place is.

I am fine with it here as it adds some entertainment to my browsing. In the main forms Microsoft only, thank you!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Actually, The only place I see mention of the lower two lifeforms called IOS and Android are in the forum is here in phone wars. The only place it should be. If multi platform users what information there is android central and whatever the crapple place is.

I am fine with it here as it adds some entertainment to my browsing. In the main forms Microsoft only, thank you!

Um, yeah...

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site

I was going to ask if you are kidding. But I get the sense you are not, lol

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't disagree more. The free exchange of ideas and information is the cornerstone of any community. You may not like what you hear (read) sometimes but if there isn't an opposing point of view, there is no progress. It is very easy to "weed out" the users who you feel are always flaming as I have learned.

I don't know if the original poster's point was so much the idea that opposing points of view shouldn't be shared or read. But that because their is the opportunity for points of views given here to be colored by bias (which they admit happens on other forums), don't rely on just this one or any one for advice.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I was going to ask if you are kidding. But I get the sense you are not, lol

Nope, not at all. The rest of the forums are for information and help for MICROSOFT products, Hence WINDOWS CENTRAL. I don't want to read Android this or IOS that in the main forums when trying to get help, or looking for information. In the phone wars section its fine, Whats the point of getting someone saying in android blah blah blah when I am looking on information on how to do something with a windows based product...

So no I am not kidding. Just as I would not want to read about IOS or Windows in an android forum trying to find out information on doing something with Android. what so Hitler'ish about that. I think its common sense.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Nope, not at all. The rest of the forums are for information and help for MICROSOFT products, Hence WINDOWS CENTRAL. I don't want to read Android this or IOS that in the main forums when trying to get help, or looking for information. In the phone wars section its fine, Whats the point of getting someone saying in android blah blah blah when I am looking on information on how to do something with a windows based product...

So no I am not kidding. Just as I would not want to read about IOS or Windows in an android forum trying to find out information on doing something with Android. what so Hitler'ish about that. I think its common sense.

That's why we have a Q&A section here now. To avoid that issue, hopefully. Other parts of the forum are dedicated to certain devices and general discussion.

To me talk of other platforms is fine because I find it interesting what's going on outside the bubble but I will agree with you that sometimes it's not appropriate.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The forum administration here at Windows Central have created discussion sections for other co-existing plaforms so that they can be discussed here by users of Windows users (whether they use computers, laptops, tablets, or phones). The team here recognize the the community members here may feel that WindowsCentral is their "home" forum or might feel mor comfortable discussing topics here.

Yes, the other "mobile nations" websites might be more focused on those platforms, but it's up to the user as to where they'd like to participate.

All of the mobile nations communities have a very low tolerance for ****** or platform racism (for want of a better term). We all respect that people have a choice regarding what system they use and should be allowed to discuss the vary contrasts/comparisions of other platforms.

If you wish to suggest a change to the forum layout or philosophy, please post in the appropriate forum section:-

WindowsCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon