MSN apps are horrible

agentmikeyd99

Banned
Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I am a big fan of the OS and have been "pulling" for MS since my old Pocket PC.

But it is downright unacceptable that the suite of MSN apps are performing as poorly as they are. For example, the Money apps Live Tiles display the wrong info - worthless. The Sports app wont open from the Live Tile. Other issues abound.

It's a shame that MS hasn't perfected at least these for its struggling ecosystem. I try to convert Apple and Android friends all the time, but in good conscience cannot any longer.

I have sent this feedback I great detail to MS for months but nothing.

Granted a lot of use here are tech savy and can work around issues but the regular user who just wants a phone that works, won't consider MS in the current situation - no flagships, software issues. Man, my patience is running thin too.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Can't complain really. Actually, the only problem I have with those apps is that there have been errors in the French versions that are completely unacceptable for a company the size of Microsoft.

The first is the worst one, no matter the language. If you notice, there are two s at the end of "Actualit?":

Then there's a grammar mistake where the "D?connect?" should actually be "D?connecter"

And that's something I've noticed in some other MS apps such as Files. Where it reads "2,59 Go gratuit", "gratuit" is a bad translation of free. "Gratuit" is free as in free beer and not as is free space which would be "libre".

Other than that, I like the apps.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
The two issues mentioned on the original post does not manifest at all on my HTC 8S and Cherry Mobile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear you're having problems, works perfectly on my 925/1520.

-If those apps are on SD card, try internal memory.
-If you like running your battery till battery saver comes on, make sure to check "allow app to run even when battery saver is on".

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I actually like the MSN apps a lot on my Surface 2 but not so much on my Lumia 920. I initially loved the weather app for WP but it is never accurate for me in my area so I uninstalled it. The News app Live Tile could work better and not drain so much battery.

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
am in Perth WA Australia and the MSN weather app is very inaccurate :cry:
everyone else is forecasting 38/39 MSN? 34. same inaccuracy for future days also.
(on both my Nokia 930 and SP3 running 8.1 pro)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb