WP has no Apps and sucks...Read this!

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, read the comments? ha ha. As the "great" taylor swift once said, haters gonna hate.hate, hate, hate. ha ha ha. The writer should compare OSX and WIndows store. Not just WP. I bet there are more apps in the windows store for the tablets and desktops, I bet there are still more. Face it, Any user of apple is brainwashed with their inferior hardware and super mind control marketing. I will stick with my crappy windows ecosystem and have a huge smile on my face.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, read the comments? ha ha. As the "great" taylor swift once said, haters gonna hate.hate, hate, hate. ha ha ha. The writer should compare OSX and WIndows store. Not just WP. I bet there are more apps in the windows store for the tablets and desktops, I bet there are still more. Face it, Any user of apple is brainwashed with their inferior hardware and super mind control marketing. I will stick with my crappy windows ecosystem and have a huge smile on my face.
People will stick with apple even MS why?
They edible I bet you already taste one

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
There is an app-gap but it's subjective because IMO, WP store has been able to provide me almost every app I need. Being said, I am happy with platform's current progress and I do see many official apps are now getting published on the store. Period.

TonyDedrick

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
A little dramatic calling Apple users brainwashed, lol. And their marketing isn't any more mind control than any other successfully marketed product. They understand that you need to evoke a certain emotional response from the audience and they are good at it.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Even the windows store has more apps but you have to remembers that Macs can install programs. All WP and winRT has is the App Store to survive.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Even though the article is BS, there is something good that has come out of it. Macs work great with other Apple products like iPhones, iPads, Apple tv etc whereas windows phone and windows don't connect well. The office suite is terrible compared to android and iOS. There is no skype integration(like how there is FaceTime integration with contacts on iOS. Or Skype integration for messaging between windows devices. Instead we get a terrible Skype app for windows and windows phone. The only thing that seems to work ok is the miracast support between platforms and Xbox smart glass. But I think you guys can see what I mean now. Microsoft products don't work well with each other. But Apple products do. That's what makes Mac popular and Windows phones looked down upon.

Last edited:

mayblast

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Windows phone store is the junk:
No video trailers/previews, the "related"-thingy is either stupid or stoned, "most helpful" in reviews is usually a five-star praise with word "Good." and nothing else. There is no "add to wish list" option. Etc. Etc.

MS should update the store itself instead of releasing Beta-apps that will never get an update.

SammyD97

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Even the windows store has more apps but you have to remembers that Macs can install programs. All WP and winRT has is the App Store to survive.

The point is that in the same time frame, the Windows Phone store has grown a gazillion times faster than the Mac store but the more favourable of the two endures constant bashing.

Second, I may be wrong on this but I assume that most Windows tablets in the wild run full Windows. By your argument, there isn't a problem there either because they can run legacy Windows programs also.
The Mac store was launched in 2010 and the Windows store (not windows phone) was launched in 2012. The former proudly dons 22000 while the latter ashamedly carries 120 000.
One wonders what the damn fuss is about then.

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Even though the article is BS, there is something good that has come out of it. Macs work great with other Apple products like iPhones, iPads, Apple tv etc whereas windows phone and windows don't connect well. The office suite is terrible compared to android and iOS. There is mo skype integration(like how there is FaceTime integration with contacts on iOS. Or Skype integration for messaging between windows devices. Instead we get a terrible Skype app for windows and windows phone. The only thing that seems to work ok is the miracast support between platforms and Xbox smart glass. But I think you guys can see what I mean now. Microsoft products don't work well with each other. But Apple products do. That's what makes Mac popular and Windows phones looked down upon.

Coming from a person from both platforms, I do not have much apps on my mac; not that there is not enough apps, but because unless that there is a real need for one I do not need it. I also do not have much applications on my PC even though that it is running windows 7, not like much people really need all 22,000 or so apps. I have what I need, if I need it then I get it, if it is not available on this platform then I look somewhere else; life goes on, I do not believe complaining relentlessly is going to solve much.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Marquis de Faux

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Great Article about WP App Situation

Pocketnow is perhaps the only unbiased neutral mobile tech site left.

Edit: I did not see this post and made a seperate discussion. It has been combined with this.

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Re: Great Article about WP App Situation

I think its more to do with the fact that Mac isn't a mobile OS, it is a productivity OS. However, on mobile people don't do anything other than apps. If you imagine appless smartphone, you are looking at 2006 or 2003 maybe. Comparing Windows Phone with Mac OS isn't the same thing, not yet. With Windows 10, Microsoft will be able to boast that it has 650,000 apps for desktop, tablet and phone PLUS it will have benefits of all the legacy Windows software that no other OS will be able to enjoy. So from 2015-2020 if Microsoft cannot gain a major traction with its mobile (phone, tablet, hybrid device) workforce, I will happily write it off. I knew in 2010 when I purchased my first Windows Phone that it will be a long haul but I took a plunge anyway because I was happy with phones in 2003 as well and Windows Phone 7 was better than that. However, not everyone is me.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
You people do not know what a app gap it. Many years ago I used Atari ST' s. Great computers but they had very little software. I hung with them for several years before I gave up and switched to IBM compatibility. The IBM compatible systems were not near as good but that's where the software was. Now that was a real app gap. The little gap we have with WP is nothing compared to back then.

EBUK

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Windows phone store is the junk:
No video trailers/previews, the "related"-thingy is either stupid or stoned, "most helpful" in reviews is usually a five-star praise with word "Good." and nothing else. There is no "add to wish list" option. Etc. Etc.

MS should update the store itself instead of releasing Beta-apps that will never get an update.

Agree. Having come from Android, the google Play Store is much better organised.

I find the Windows Phone Store frustrating not only because of the useless app reviews (I try to be somewhat more helpful in my reviews) and the lack of a Wishlist, but because every app I've ever installed is listed under 'My Apps' and there is no way to remove them. Not only that, but the list only has those apps that I've uninstalled, not the ones I've left on my phone. This is nonsensical.

That aside, the App Gap... for me, there is no deal-breaking gap. In fact, for my needs, the Windows Store has provided me with apps that either don't exist for Android, or are superior to the Android offering. Examples: metronome, music reading tool, clarinet tutor - there is nothing on Android (that I could find using identical search terms) to match what Windows Phone offered.

Of course, for others, there is an app gap, and perhaps Windows Phone isn't for them.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: "If you think Windows Phone has no apps, you should try a Mac" - Pocketnow

That's a very interesting read, and the author has some pretty good points there. Nice find, thank you. And merry Christmas. :)

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
That article plain blows. OSX isn't remotely comparable to Windows Phone, as it isn't even dependent on the App Store. It's like looking at Windows 8.1's only software options as what exists in the Windows Store. OSX, like Windows, can install desktop software via other means, and a LOT of it. The point is just idiotic on its face. Then the guy calls Windows Phone-Android-iOS comparison apples-to-oranges, when they're legitimately all mobile operating systems aiming for the same marketshare. The guy doesn't seem to really know what he's talking about.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
That article plain blows. OSX isn't remotely comparable to Windows Phone, as it isn't even dependent on the App Store. It's like looking at Windows 8.1's only software options as what exists in the Windows Store. OSX, like Windows, can install desktop software via other means, and a LOT of it. The point is just idiotic on its face. Then the guy calls Windows Phone-Android-iOS comparison apples-to-oranges, when they're legitimately all mobile operating systems aiming for the same marketshare. The guy doesn't seem to really know what he's talking about.

Something everyone is forgetting is that Macs do not have the millions and millions of legacy apps that Windows does and so the store on the Mac is actually much more representative of the entire software domain available to run on a Mac. (Not everything for sure, but a large chunk of it).

Therefore to compare the Mac App Store with the Windows (or Windows Phone) App store is not that unreasonable. He's pointing out that no one questions a Mac's software portfolio despite it being lacking (in number) compared to Windows (phone) and yet Windows gets the hard sell all the time, not a Mac. Personally I agree with that premise.

mayblast

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Who the hell cares about apps anyway when there are actual software for your OS. I know my 3D software (?3700) not my compositing application (?5500) are not in the App Store.

The comparison is silly at best and I really missed the point author was to trying push. No, lemme rephrase that: It was the most idiotic thing I've read in a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05