01-12-2015 09:48 PM
55 123
tools
    I like it except the bottom status bar.
    01-03-2015 01:06 PM
    Job well done. But I know this is not going to happen. It's going to remain the same as it is now with addition of few features. Status bar position is not good.
    01-03-2015 01:17 PM
    Unfortunately I heard WP 10 will have same look as WP 8.1 just added huge of new features :)
    That might be true, but they can always update the UI anytime. This is a really good concept. It also makes a lot of sense if RT is going to be merged with WP - your concept is more scalable and useful for larger form factors beyond the average phone size. Well done!
    01-03-2015 01:25 PM
    Wow man, great job! I hadn't even considered pivots like that on the start screen. But now that I see it, it seems so natural that I can't believe WP doesn't do it.

Keep it up! Tweet your link to Joe Belfiore!
    01-03-2015 01:26 PM
    Damn nice concept. Windows 10 should be something like that. Tweet your link to Joe Belfiore/Microsoft and post in Windows Phone uservoice.
    They should implement such thing.
    01-03-2015 01:35 PM
    It's a great concept, except how would onscreen buttons work?
    01-03-2015 01:41 PM
    It's such a great UI, what make it awesome is that you used WP elements and its UI, this is a modern design I really would like to use.
    But what I don't like:
    1- phone tile is not good, the current one is better
    2- Wi-Fi shortcut isn't for WP
    3- the new interface of store and music is in some way, needs to be simpler, with thinner texts.
    Thank you, looking for more.
    01-03-2015 01:55 PM
    Great concept rly good work
    01-03-2015 01:58 PM
    It's a great concept, except how would onscreen buttons work?
    I think Windows key will bring you back to the start, back button-you know-, and search button to open the search page from anywhere, but if I'm on an app, then tapped on search button will it open the page or as current one?
    + you may need to hide it everytime you want to know what time is it, or make it disabled while not on an app.
    01-03-2015 02:26 PM
    Damn this looks amazing.
    01-03-2015 02:53 PM
    Real nice. Phone becomes more tablet like.
    Jazmac likes this.
    01-03-2015 02:57 PM
    I'm really impressed by your concept, I was like "woow".
    Notifications at the bottom is actually a great idea, it's hard to make it appear on a large screen ( 5" or higher ).
    However it would be nice to have the battery level on the lock screen.
    Very good job. Please Microsoft, take a look at it :)
    I'd request colored icons in the "notification bar" at the bottom. Although white on black is very readable... Perhaps a "clear" notification bar, with the white icons? Maybe a two color battery? White battery outline with green for available power? [edit] How about battery percentage?

Really love the design. So modern feel to it. Like windows but at the moment it looks child like interface. Big icons. To much space in-between the tiled
    I disagree. The spacing and big icons are great for someone like me who can't read stuff like 4 font. Perhaps a sizing/spacing/zoom adjustment?

Thanks for the feedback!
    Yep, I think the lockscren still looks weird and too far from metro style :D
    In my opinion, the lock screen needs to have at least the next calendar appointment (maybe 2), any hot reminder(s), Day/Month and date, (i.e. Wed 10 Jan), and maybe windspeed and direction with the temp and condition?

I like the concept you've presented. It looks pretty well thought out.
    Mr French likes this.
    01-03-2015 09:20 PM
    ur concept is awesome. must have took a serious effort to think, visualize and create this concept. this is a nice work.

i really want this in existence. either way of UI or MS should allow skins in future.
    01-04-2015 12:07 AM
    My opinion is 50% 50%.... Some things are cool, other not so...
    But thanks for your work man
    gEtApATaLkEd
    01-04-2015 12:15 AM
    i like it a lot more than wp8.1 but after viewing your work at behance i think you can do better :) and i hope windows phone 10 will look even better
    i didn't like lock screen and now playing on music player your lock screen and now playing music player on blackberry concept looks a lot better even now playing on ios 8 concept looks better than both, i didn't like status bar location
    Last edited by sumton; 01-04-2015 at 01:51 AM.
    01-04-2015 01:39 AM
    Usually whenever I see a "concept" posting I ignore it but I have to admit I like this.

Obviously it will never happen but we can dream :D
    01-04-2015 02:04 AM
    I like it! Reminds me a lot of the Xbox 360 dashboard
    01-04-2015 02:23 AM
    yep, i like this!
    01-04-2015 06:45 AM
    Wow man, great job! I hadn't even considered pivots like that on the start screen. But now that I see it, it seems so natural that I can't believe WP doesn't do it.

Keep it up! Tweet your link to Joe Belfiore!
    This. Also send him a email with the link inside.
    01-04-2015 10:18 AM
    Yes do it please
    01-04-2015 12:10 PM
    Thanks for all the feedbacks friends. I understand because it's a concept so there is always have pros and cons comments. But I realy appreciate all of your feedbacks :)
    I twitted to Joe Beliore yesterday, but no luck. I think he never read mention from people :)
    01-04-2015 07:49 PM
    Nice concept... When will they really release wp10... Can't wait to know what is really in it...
    01-04-2015 08:08 PM
    Your concept is one of the very best I've ever seen. You can apply panoramic wallpaper to that combined Start Screen to make it even more "Metro". The lock screen needs improvements, though, as the objects are to small, leaving to much empty space. The tiles on the Start Screen could be semi-transparent. But overall, it's interesting. ;)
    01-04-2015 08:16 PM
    I like that you are trying to minimize the amount of UI chrome space on the phone and that you're trying to keep all the phone interactions within easy reach of the user's thumb. The notifications tray is just a flick up and the app menu is just a flick from the side, just like Windows 8. I see why you put it on the left, but most people are right-handed, and it should probably be on the right side of the device. I have three problems with it. Well, four if you count any similarity to the Win8 UI, which I am slowly growing to detest. The first is that it gets rid of my favorite UI part of Windows Phone: the always-visible-if-it-exists menu right by my thumb with the action icons. It's a really elegant solution to the whole hamburger button or menu key (on old Android versions) UI disaster. I would miss the icon buttons a lot as a dev. The second is that you now have a persistent status bar all the time on screen. It uses less space for the UI than a menu with icons, about the same as a compact menu and uses more screen space than an app with no menu at all or a pano. Lastly, it's different than the other, more popular, mobile systems. Android and iOS both have the stats bar and notification shade swipeable from the top. Overall I like it, but I would prefer the current menu and I'm not crazy about the colored strip on the side.

I'm not feeling the home screen. The design looks great and I love the look of your 4x4 and 2x4 tiles. I think Files, which aren't that important to the average user, and Search, which is the magnifying glass button on the bottom of the device, don't really need to be on the home screen. I do like that you've made it a pivot rather than the "how do I get to the other programs?" thing WP has now. My mother had her 928 for months and didn't know how to get the rest of her programs until I showed her... The time and weather (no date?) is cool-looking, but it's not doing anything a 4x2 live tile couldn't. (Seriously, make that app.) The time is also on the persistent status bar. This is one of the few live tile designs I've seen for WP that doesn't look completely cluttered. I'm still skeptical about the idea.

Your lockscreen looks fantastic, but it has less info and looks less customizable than the lockscreen on my current phone, which has the time, date, temp, appointments and - ironically - the status bar.

Overall, a really nice design with very innovative ideas about the notification shade and app menus.
    01-07-2015 01:01 AM
    Great concept, I like the overall feel of the UI, and the first concept that I want to be made into the actual W(P) Interface ;).
    I have only two issues.
    One, the notification bar SHOULD NOT BE AT THE BOTTOM. I agree it can be a distinct and unique touch to the idea of a notification center, but practically, it just cannot work. But the scrolling idea derived from TouchWiz in Samsung Galaxy phones is great.
    Second, I'm not really sure about the pivots on the home screen. It's a depart from the idea of WP having only a single home screen and an app list. Also, it can get confusing.

Sorry if I was harsh and rude in my criticisms, I was blown away with the interface and especially the lock screen, but I would like to see a concept with my two issues resolved :). Keep up the good work 😊
    01-07-2015 01:34 AM
55 123