Windows Phone 10 UI Concept

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Bucking the trend here, but the notifications at the bottom may be an issue. Onscreen buttons often wake by touching that area, possibly a conflict situation.

Like the tiles though, nice and clean. Your notification page reminded me of an early concept I did when I fist joined WPC. I may have to look at my old posts and see if you have infringed on any of my patents! Ha ha, nice job fella.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback Jazmac :)
By the way I'm still not sure about the lockscreen. What do you think?
For me, the lock screen is the the phones first impression so it has to be as impressive as the content and pinned tiles. The lock screen should be more interactive than it is static. The lock screen should have the ability to swipe through information like text and email messages.For example, an app like Weather To-Go should be animated on the lock screen. It looks beautiful on the lock screen as it is but it would be great to be able to swipe through a view of a sunny day to show a 5 day forecast, all while showing clouds rolling over mountains or leaves Or in the case of flipboard, allow it to scroll through a series of topics you track in the app itself. I think it should be something a little more than what view you get from parallax.
A way to utilize the lock screen space would be cool too. I thought about maybe lock screen vertical 'panels' that when swiped reveal information. I refer to them as "Shutters" Or the lock screen could have aswipe to the left, more info. Swipe left then down or up to get different info.
More later.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
For me, the lock screen is the the phones first impression so it has to be as impressive as the content and pinned tiles. The lock screen should be more interactive than it is static. The lock screen should have the ability to swipe through information like text and email messages.For example, an app like Weather To-Go should be animated on the lock screen. It looks beautiful on the lock screen as it is but it would be great to be able to swipe through a view of a sunny day to show a 5 day forecast, all while showing clouds rolling over mountains or leaves Or in the case of flipboard, allow it to scroll through a series of topics you track in the app itself. I think it should be something a little more than what view you get from parallax.
A way to utilize the lock screen space would be cool too. I thought about maybe lock screen vertical 'panels' that when swiped reveal information. I refer to them as "Shutters" Or the lock screen could have aswipe to the left, more info. Swipe left then down or up to get different info.
More later.

If I may, I agree with you that the lock screen could use a bit of "added" functionality, such as what the Tetra Lock Screen app from Microsoft has. But I think that too much of functionality in the lock screen might defeat the purpose of having a lock screen. The idea of being able to access more features of the app that has been set as the lock screen provider is interesting, but just not too much.

For example, we currently have a Kid's Corner and an Apps Corner, designed to prevent "other" users from snooping around our private information in our phone. Some of us may have photos which we might be slightly embarrassed about (those drunk nights or whatever). Unfortunately, those photos (if present) can be accessed in the Apps or Kid's Corner if the user decides to place an app that accesses the photo library there (such as certain puzzle games).

Bottom line, more functionality and interactivity in the lock screen will be interesting... but not too much of it. Otherwise, it might be like having a mini start (instead of a lock) screen overlain on the main start screen. :cool:

Prateek Kumar

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Job well done. But I know this is not going to happen. It's going to remain the same as it is now with addition of few features. Status bar position is not good.

Kaymd

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately I heard WP 10 will have same look as WP 8.1 just added huge of new features :)

That might be true, but they can always update the UI anytime. This is a really good concept. It also makes a lot of sense if RT is going to be merged with WP - your concept is more scalable and useful for larger form factors beyond the average phone size. Well done!

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Wow man, great job! I hadn't even considered pivots like that on the start screen. But now that I see it, it seems so natural that I can't believe WP doesn't do it.

Keep it up! Tweet your link to Joe Belfiore!

Seyarq

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Damn nice concept. Windows 10 should be something like that. Tweet your link to Joe Belfiore/Microsoft and post in Windows Phone uservoice.
They should implement such thing.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
It's such a great UI, what make it awesome is that you used WP elements and its UI, this is a modern design I really would like to use.
But what I don't like:
1- phone tile is not good, the current one is better
2- Wi-Fi shortcut isn't for WP
3- the new interface of store and music is in some way, needs to be simpler, with thinner texts.
Thank you, looking for more.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
It's a great concept, except how would onscreen buttons work?
I think Windows key will bring you back to the start, back button-you know-, and search button to open the search page from anywhere, but if I'm on an app, then tapped on search button will it open the page or as current one?
+ you may need to hide it everytime you want to know what time is it, or make it disabled while not on an app.

daveb673

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm really impressed by your concept, I was like "woow".
Notifications at the bottom is actually a great idea, it's hard to make it appear on a large screen ( 5" or higher ).
However it would be nice to have the battery level on the lock screen.
Very good job. Please Microsoft, take a look at it :)

I'd request colored icons in the "notification bar" at the bottom. Although white on black is very readable... Perhaps a "clear" notification bar, with the white icons? Maybe a two color battery? White battery outline with green for available power? [edit] How about battery percentage?

Really love the design. So modern feel to it. Like windows but at the moment it looks child like interface. Big icons. To much space in-between the tiled

I disagree. The spacing and big icons are great for someone like me who can't read stuff like 4 font. Perhaps a sizing/spacing/zoom adjustment?

Thanks for the feedback!
Yep, I think the lockscren still looks weird and too far from metro style :D

In my opinion, the lock screen needs to have at least the next calendar appointment (maybe 2), any hot reminder(s), Day/Month and date, (i.e. Wed 10 Jan), and maybe windspeed and direction with the temp and condition?

I like the concept you've presented. It looks pretty well thought out.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
ur concept is awesome. must have took a serious effort to think, visualize and create this concept. this is a nice work.

i really want this in existence. either way of UI or MS should allow skins in future.

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
i like it a lot more than wp8.1 but after viewing your work at behance i think you can do better :) and i hope windows phone 10 will look even better
i didn't like lock screen and now playing on music player your lock screen and now playing music player on blackberry concept looks a lot better even now playing on ios 8 concept looks better than both, i didn't like status bar location

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077