Yammer by Microsoft

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Doe anyone know why Microsoft is not updating its own Yammer app for Windows Phone (6 months and counting no updates...) yet they are updating it for iOS and Android almost weekly sometimes?

I use this app almost everyday and it has some annoying bugs, tried contacting their support in many different ways yet they ignore me.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
There's a Yammer app for WP?

Since MS is focusing on services - and iOS and Android are bigger app consumers than WP - I would not hold your breath for an update.

If everyone on this forum sent them an email - you might get a better response? What is the contact info?

Thanks,

Mr. V

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
You have to pay for their support unfortunately, although they do have a twitter support account, which is ignoring me its @YammerSupport and an email help@yammer.com

Also I created this thread on their community forums for Yammer.

Yammer for Windows Phone | Yammer | Microsoft Office 365 Community

I find this quite disturbing that even Microsoft is neglecting its own apps on its own operating system yet they expect other companies to do better.

Last edited:

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
You're right - all MS apps/services on other platforms are the one they're concentrating on.
Basically, if you want to have a good experience with MS apps, buy a non-MS phone.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
It's painful for WP to suffer Microsoft's approach, yammer is no exception unfortunately. Skype has been a continuing embarrassment on WP yet it's supposed to be an integral feature they spent billions on.

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I've not seen Skype mentioned as an integral feature. That's a very different role than that of a company they simply acquired (like Yammer too) and left it to run itself fairly autonomously. To my mind, they only bought Skype to prevent anyone else buying them (Zuckerberg and Co).
But yes, to consumers the strategy MS has adopted is bizarre.

Br1t

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
When you spend billions to make Skype your default messaging and video platform it's very much integral. Apple has iMessage and Facetime, MS replaced MSN with Skype to make it the same, they very much needed it. It's also behind on WP and is not even an 8.1 app, just further example of Microsoft's less than dynamic approach to apps in WP. Yammer is just one of many, take the lock screen beta app. It gave many people resuming and lag issues, it was never updated or pulled. Office another, not updated in years not months!

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Finally got some feedback from their twitter, could be due to some others of you helping me out and tweeting them so thanks for that.

So they told me help@yammer.com does not work anymore (even though it shows on the about section of Yammer for Windows Phone) they also then told me to submit a ticket which I have to pay for, I told them I wouldn't as it isn't an issue on my side rather its on their side.

I was then told they would let management know. whatever that means, probably, go away.

If everyone can keep tweeting @YammerSupport asking why the yammer for windows phone has not been updated in half a year it would be great support.

Also if you have extra time, show your support here Yammer for Windows Phone | Yammer | Microsoft Office 365 Community

This all might get them to pull their finger out.

thanks.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
If you see how Yammer works on Android you would be amazed. It puts the Windows Phone app to shame.

Cant believe Microsoft treats their own apps on their own platform like this. Screw them.

​HTC One M9 is my next phone... been 3-4 years with WP enough is enough.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786