Lumia 1530 with windows 10

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Looks nice and sleek, however to me personally it looks like it will be a pain to hold as the back is far too flat to be comfortable.

I guess I have become far to accustomed to my 920 :p.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I like most of what I'm seeing. However, I find the color scheme to be kind of nasty. I've always preferred dark-colored devices, for the most part (unless I can get a cool color like orange or blue). I find light-colored metal really ugly (though I loved my Zune HD 32, I wished it was the dark color of the 16-GB model). Basically, if that center-back color was it for the whole device, I would like it more. I'm also 10% against that gold/champagne color on the volume side of the device.

From a hardware standpoint, I like the looks of everything but the edges. I don't like rounded edges, not sure why. I think part of it is how the third color accents it in a way I don't like, but I also like the hard lines of the Icon/930, as opposed to a tapered/rounded edge, like my 920 has. If it's hidden with a unibody/single-color shell, it's easier to tolerate.

The UI of the OS looks pretty good for a Windows Phone follow-up, though it's not what I'm expecting from a hybrid OS like Windows 10. It's visually good, but it just seems like something we won't be getting from Microsoft.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Buttons should be real - capacitive are just too easy to press. Even Microsoft realized that by requiring double-press on the search button when in-app which works great for right handed people, but I'd imagine lefties were always pressing back.

Strange as it sounds, but a single real Windows button and then a virtual back/search/other button would be better. And yes, I know how Apple like I'm making that sound, but I never once got an accidental close out of an app on an iPhone and do often (but less lately) on my L920. Sometimes you have to look at a problem and find a better solution.

Ironically, having a fully virtual back/search/home button like some of the cheaper phones might be best for all phones, but then I've not really used those so don't know if they have inherent problems too.

So... challenge for this 'product design'... make the buttons less easily operated (likely non-capacitive).

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
OK. now you can compare this polycarbonate version to Aluminum version.View attachment 93215

Looks better I think (in green, not pink ;)). I'm a fan of the polycarbonate in part because of the colors. As I said earlier, it's one of the things that set Windows Phones apart from the crowd. And phones that are colorful look much better in plastic than metal. I think colored metal looks gross.

wpcontinue

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
This concept with the following notes: 5 inch, audio jack at the bottom like the iPhone, maximum full magnesium unibody, latest tech specs with rear/front camera with xenon. (what is this stupid circle on the back??)

sosan

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
This concept with the following notes: 5 inch, audio jack at the bottom like the iPhone, maximum full magnesium unibody, latest tech specs with rear/front camera with xenon. (what is this stupid circle on the back??)

It is fingerprint scanner ( not stupid)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb